ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive shafts

Hi all ive got a p reg rsi 8v,have just mot'd and things were going well when i heard a big bang,and then a really fast banging sound from the front right,the driveshaft has sheared completely off! now the question is do any shafts fit these or do i have to use the certain rsi ones or can i put a 1.4/1.2/valver one on?

visualize whirled pe
I would phone renault parts asap and see how much their shafts are. Never again will I buy aftermarket shafts as mine have a slight vibration at 4500rpm they were about £30 cheaper though.
You could try your local motor factors, some of them may need time to order the part, including Renault.

I dont know about the mk1 but there were two different types of shaft for my model, and even the parts guys didnt know which one was the right one.