ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drive shaft spline rounded out ever happened to anyone?

Clio 182 FF
Just wondering if any one out their give me a bit of knowledge.

The spline in my o/s drive shaft went last night, I stripped it out today, just wondering if it is possible just need to replace this spline and all will be good?

Do I need to replace these cir clips on the n/s driveshaft.

I loss all drive to my wheels, I first thought it was the clutch then the gearbox/diff now it seems to be just the spline has lost all it grooves!

Clio 182 FF
done a little bit of research on good old ebay!!!

found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190700908481?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

and here is the photos of the spline. Gearbox spline looks fine and felt fine, differential spline all smooth!
photo.jpgphoto copy.jpg

Clio 182 FF
driveshaft is on back order with renault around 2 weeks they said, rung up K-tec racing today, but they don't have any in stock for clio cup. The exchange driveshaft from Renault was around £120 and the brand new one was around £240. So will be trying this spline part if that doesn't work I will be waiting for a while for the exchange driveshaft from Renault.

Clio 182 FF
i've ordered that spline sleeve - part number 7700858979 from Renault.

I've current got a mechanic cutting off the old sleeve, and waiting for the new sleeve to arrive from Renault should be here pretty soon, will let you know if this works. As the sleeve is only £16 and they are readily available.

Clio 182 FF
Here’s a photo of the splinth. You can see the closest part is all smooth and the far part that connects to the driveshaft has all the right grooves in it.

Hence why I lost all drive!!

photo.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
they sell loads of those sleeves for lagunas/meganes etc. they work just fine, it's replacing like with like