ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drift Till the End (grassroots/shed drifting)

I'm sorely tempted to buy a £1500 piece of s**t RWD drift missile next summer I must admit, videos like that make me want a bash at it.

182 track, Mk7 ST
Why is it everything in America looks, well just better and cooler :( ?

It'd never be the same over here, you'd need rose tinted glasses at least to get weather like that lol!

DCI100
good watch :) I've started saving for a 325! can easily spend under a 1000 and get a good car, ready to go

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
does looks awesome fun, a drift car would be a good laugh, oyu'd never get a grassroots event like that happening in a UK car park though

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
If only we had carparks like that around here, couldn't see doing that for more than 10mins without the Police turning up!

All well and good in Americaland, over here if it's not on a closed circuit, with a billion diclaimers signed before even looking at your car, it aint happening.

An old school drift session round a huge carpark is great, but section 59's aren't much fun. Sad really, because it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Lovely video though :)

I'm sorely tempted to buy a £1500 piece of s**t RWD drift missile next summer I must admit, videos like that make me want a bash at it.
+1 wish I had the balls and knowledge to sack it all off for some boosted jap shed worth pennies.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
It's all well and good everyone wanted a rwd shed but actually finding somewhereb you can get away with become the next drift king is a nightmare!

I'd be inclined to take it to RWYB type track days that don't frown upon drifting. I've no interest in playing the chav on a retail park somewhere.

I'd equally not consider myself a McDonalds Charver, but I would imagine RWYB every week is an expensive way to shred tyres.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
I know it's cheating a bit but I did a "drift" day at Oulton park on their low traction circuits. It was quite simply epic fun! Did have a video of it somewhere.

Another nice video Turkish!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Turk, yeah I'm thinking of dwyb days but like mentioned would be nice to have places to go that wouldn't p!ss of the general drift hating public!

Low friction circuits are a lot of fun so no shame in having a laugh on them, if it helps get the basics of drifting dialled before stepping on to "proper" Tarmac it's worthwhile.

As for RWYB/DWYB events I've not looked into the charges but there must be someone somewhere putting on sessions that aren't wallet bustingly expensive. If not there needs to be!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
There's an oval up in Scotland that do an open drift day isn't there?

I spent my night looking at 180sx's. Not good timing as the EP3 is up for sale at the moment. So tempted to spunk it all on a RWD drift missile.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I know it's cheating a bit but I did a "drift" day at Oulton park on their low traction circuits. It was quite simply epic fun! Did have a video of it somewhere.

Another nice video Turkish!

i also did one there in a matt black 325 drift shed that cost a few hundred quid , bmer.jpg

it was great fun, shame we couldnt keep it but we then sold it and made all the money back that we spent lol

An orange one
Brilliant video! America is just so much cooler than here!

I own a farm... I'll start by buying a cheap jap RWD for tearing up the stubble fields!!