ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dream getting closer to reality!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Yay!

Just thought Id delve further into insurance quotes for the 172 Im sure you all know I want, and found that Admiral will do it for 729 FC with my mum as a named driver. Considering that Im currently paying just under £600 for a Fiesta Si, this has made my day! I then rang Norwich Union to see how much it would be to change my car for the rest of the policy (6 months) and they only want a couple hundred... again cheaper than I imagined by a long way.

Next... I was looking into getting my loan sorted (I know... you shouldnt get loans to buy cars...) and with M&S (who I work for), I can get 6.5% APR, but I can also defer the payments for up to 3 months, meaning if I leave it until October then I wont pay anything until January...

Looks like all Ive got to do is get the Fiesta sold and then wait for the Mrs to come back from Spain at the end of the month so she can sort out a job and improve our likeability with M&S Money because of the 2nd income and then go on the lookout!

Boring story I know, but yay! :D

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by acrebo on 13 September 2005

Next... I was looking into getting my loan sorted (I know... you shouldnt get loans to buy cars...) and with M&S (who I work for), I can get 6.5% APR, but I can also defer the payments for up to 3 months, meaning if I leave it until October then I wont pay anything until January...
Look at Northern Rock - 5.6%

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/loans/http://www.northernrock.co.uk/loans/

Good luck getting the 172!

BMW E46 330i Touring

Yes, Northern Rock! Ive been trying to think for ages who it was that I saw doing cheap loans!

Ill probably find out that the typical APR rises more in line with M&Ss rate when taken into account credit history, etc but certainly worth a look.

Cheers mate, theres a few on here that I would really try to get a closer look at over the next few weekends I have off, but itll have to wait that little bit longer!

NRs APR is misleading like a number of others quoting 5.x%. As acrebo has pointed out they are typical and tend to apply to people that earn over £100.000 a year, own 4 houses and a horse.

Direct Line were offering 5.9% typical so I called them as I wanted to transfer my old loan, went through all the questions and they told me something like 12%!! Yeah right, goodbye...

133/225/CLS AMG

They all do this with loans, I earn a good salary and have hardly any payments coming out of my account, have good credit and yet Northern Rock changed their typical apr of 5.7% and offered me 8.9%!!!

I find working as a car salesman and putting it through at 5.9% when the boss wasnt around. And almost cost price for the car helped....Any one wanna buy a 54 plate 182 with 5k miles and make me a small profit???