ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drag Racing @ Shakespeare: Sat 27/10/12

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Well this has gone very quiet. I might not be able to make it as i have to go in for an op soon

I'm lookong forwards to the day, but dont think I will be running her. Just want to cheer the rest of the lads on and see some good laughs. :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Will I still have a clutch and gearbox by the end of the day?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Oh I understand mate, but to me it's no different to giving it a boot full away from the lights on a duel carriageway.

Which I pretty much do everyday. :eek:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's just the actual launch which mines not done since I've owned it. But blasts off lights I do. Just from pulling off then booting it :-/.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye but not like launched. As in held at 3k lights turn green and away I go.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
It's almost impossible to do a 3k rpm launch on a normal road, you mine just stands still with the wheels spinning,
I guess i'll learn how to do it on the drag strips sticky surface.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
If it rains they close the track so no one will be running,
but drag strips spray the surface with some kind of glue to help cars launch,
not to mention all the rubber that gets laid down.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
What, we cant run if its raining? that sucks.

Glue? i have never heard of this before, is it not technically cheating?

big boost cup
Glue is mega expensive so unless they have some sort of club challenge etc i doubt they will prep the track.
the glue is only to help traction on the start line up to the 60 foot area iirc. the track goes like an ice rink when its wet.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
They don't allow intercooler sprays in case any of the water drips on the track, so it it rains that's it day over.

Doesn't the glue last from previous events, or does it wear away almost instantly?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So setting up a drag racing in winter was possibly a dim idea? chances of a dry day?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
We've got about as much chance of it raining in October as we had in the middle of summer,
this country's weather patterns have been f*cked this year.

big boost cup
depends on the weather i think. by the looks of whats racing i thought they would prep the track. well they need to im going to be launching on the gas lol some of the 16v lot are very quick.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I think we might have good weather, it's on and off but I actually think we may have a bit of dry towards the end of the month, we'll see. My gearbox is making noises so I'll have to be a little careful as it needs to last me a few months yet

I think we might have good weather, it's on and off but I actually think we may have a bit of dry towards the end of the month, we'll see. My gearbox is making noises so I'll have to be a little careful as it needs to last me a few months yet

Didn't you get that box refurbed Matt before you dropped it in??:eek: