ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Downgrading" xenons to incandescent on Clio 182

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The factory Xenons put out pretty miserable amount of light , so I swapped them for some incandescent headlights running Oxram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs. Far from being a downgrade, the lights are much much brighter now. I know the Nightbreakers need changing quite frequently but the difference is massive so I reckon it's worth it.
I wonder if anyone else has done this?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I changed from non xenons to xenons and tbh it's been more about the looks than anything else, non xenons with good bulbs are hard to beat ime

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nightbreaker incandescent bulbs put out such a great beam that I agree they are hard to beat. I hadn't considered upgrading the xenons themselves though, if it turns out they are much better than what I've got I'll consider upgrading in the future.

2003 172
I've just put some £15 bulbs into mine as the standard xenons were crap- it's miles better and we'll worth the cost. Xenons last years compared to halogens, but do lose performance over time.
I got them from hids-direct. I think they are the yeaky ones.