ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

double clutching

CJ

Blue ph1 172

Think its where you dip the clutch to match the revs for the speed youll be going in the lower gear which should lead to reduced lag. I think.

tiTTy & SV650

double de-clutch used to be required in older cars I think to get into gear without a synchromesh... cars nowadays dont have a sycromesh in reverse but do in all forward gears.

Hence the crunching in reverse if youre still moving forward.

tiTTy & SV650

Note that for racing, the pause in neutral with the clutch out is not required, as in racing its practiced primarily to avoid reverse load on the clutch and wheel-locking, rather than working around dodgy gearboxes. In which case its simply refered to as heel and toe

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by dwj100uni on 09 June 2005

hey, jus read a post with this in it...was just wondering it was and how you do it? dave

It is simple

Clutch change to Neutral, CLutch again change to next gear.

As above required in the old days, not any more

Renault Laguna Coupe

Flying along in a high gear, dip clutch and change down (keep clutch pressed) blip throttle and engage lower gear and release clutch.

Saves your clutch but is slower (youll notice I didnt get a chance to brake during that sequence!).

Just slam it in for Christs sake!