ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doors not locking

Two 0 Shitx
Hi, my doors don't seem to lock on my 05 reg 182, from the button inside or on the fob but the boot does seem to lock,
the doors to lock eventually if left any ideas? Makes the locking sound aswell.. Only just got this car with the fault on it so don't know how long its been like this..

RX7 FD
This might help or might not.

But at the weekend my battery died, obviously apart from the obvious symptoms of the car not starting. The central locking failed, be it remote or from the button. It made a quiet locking sound not the loud clunk it usually makes. So on the off chance it could be the battery.

But if the car starts then it won't be the battery :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
This might help or might not.

But at the weekend my battery died, obviously apart from the obvious symptoms of the car not starting. The central locking failed, be it remote or from the button. It made a quiet locking sound not the loud clunk it usually makes. So on the off chance it could be the battery.

But if the car starts then it won't be the battery :)

Mine did that too, so I unlocked the car then locked it again and it made the normal clunk sound.

Clio 1.4 RT
or try putting the key in ignition start car up as normal and press lock and unlock button on fob then turn engine off get out and lock it it might work if not it could be battery

Two 0 Shitx
Car starts fine, and has been run loads so don't think it's the battery, i'll have a go at the last one, really don't have a clue what it could be...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
one of my locks wasnt working the other day, i had to take my door card off, give the little switch a wiggle and its fine now.
also... do the locks have a fuse?

172 Cup
My passenger side lock wasn't locking from the fob so at the weekend I took the door card off, cleaned the connectors and put it back together, it's been working fine since.