ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

door speakers

whats the best way of going about cutting the holes for door speakers. the mk1 phase 3 i have dosent have any speakers in the doors right now and i want to get some good comps up front instead of 6x9s on me parcel shelf. sorry but im pretty new when it comes to ice..

Punto/Clio GTT

well the holes house 5.25" speakers. Theres plent of great speakers on the market that will be a direct replacement without any cutting required. look at some of the infinity range, i had a set of these but one of the speakers had blew when i bought it :(.

have to say the bass from them was awesome for a component speaker

ill have a look into the infinity range mate, only thing there are no holes cut, so just wondering what the best option is regarding cutting tools. I take it i will need a template of a speaker just cut out round it

Punto/Clio GTT

no holes? there should be 4 square holes around the main circle, then in them go 4 plastic inserts that the screws screw into.

as for cuttin, ide wait til you get the new speakers, and use a 1/8 drill bit to make some small holes, then use the screws that come with em

ok cheers nice one, ill have a better look in the morning, prob just havent taken too much notice of them speakers before as im running 6x9s at the mo