ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door edges...

Chelsea tractor
With my car being about 6 and a half years old nów, it's inevitably got some little chips in the paint on the edges of the doors...

As far as I'm aware, I can't get a touch up paint/laquer for my colour (mv 632) which rules out the "Fill in, wet and dry, polish out" option.

Any ideas for other ways of filling in the chips? Can get some photo's if need be... :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
How come you can't get touch up paint for boreal grey ? Have you tried a local car parts suppliers , they usually mix paint . I get mine in aerosols and its cheaper than the renualt touch up sticks which i find to be a little on the thick side anyway .

Chelsea tractor
I know they can mix cans, but I've not found a touch-up-stick set for boreal grey... So far! I don't think I'd trust halfords to match the colour particularly well either lol :(

I want to avoid spraying if I can; what I was intending to do was to fill in the chips with the thicker touch-up paint, sand it down level, then polish the wet + dry marks out.

Not sure on any body shops that would mix that colour touch up sticks around where I am now!

Cheers for the suggestions :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Get an aerosol mixed up , spray a little in the lid and use a c0cktail stick to build up the paint in the chips .