ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington Stock Hatch Race

Had my best ever weekend this weekend, started well in the morning with no problems with the car which sailed through scruitineering for the first time! Some friends had arrived with a banner of support too:

261868_10150703126625691_592390690_19744564_684140  0_n.jpg

Qualifying started slowly as I had new front tyres to scrub in, as well as front pads and discs to bed in. Built my speed up over a few laps and managed to set a 1:30.4 which was good enough for 11th out of 20. A good start.

In the break between Quali and the Race a Mr T. Hunter turned up and proceded to assassinate all my lines from the onboard video, giving me something to work on for the race.

The red lights were on for about a week and I was slightly creeping and then bogged down at the start so was mugged into the first corner, held my own for the rest of the lap looking out for Tony's patches of tarmac. Yellows were out at Redgate and managed to only just miss the Citroen AX parked on the racing line. Cue Red Flags. Bonus - i'd get to start the race 11th again, instead of 17th.

A much better restart, managed to keep a 205 behind which would have been a nightmare to get back past with their speed on the straights and raced on. Think the video tells the story itself, but I improved and finished 8th overall after having a couple of good scraps with quicker cars. If we hadn't caught the traffic where we did, I think it could have been 7th or even 6th. Knocked 0.8s off my qualifying laptime too.

Last edited by a moderator:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Loved the video and captions... reminded me of old skool touring car footage. I wish i'd known this was on as its only 10mins up the road from me. I half wanted to see "ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED - 250G - Fastest lap" in an XBox Live achievement stylee appear though.

Mick

actually proud, coming on leaps and bounds, tonys knowledge gained from Forza2 is brilliant. good legs too.

keep it up x

182cup & 172 racecar
actually proud, coming on leaps and bounds, tonys knowledge gained from Forza2 is brilliant. good legs too.

keep it up x
What the hell is Forza2 Naith?
Well done Alex,it's great to be able to give a few hints;),Hope I didn't spoil your day.

Get that tracking sorted out.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice video Alex, looks like you had a fun race :)

It's a shame you couldn't find that 3rd gear and then got pipped at the end otherwise it would have been an even better result.

Spoil it? You near as hell made my day with the amount of line changes I made and went quicker with. That, and the shorts anyway ;)

Hope he wasn't giving Mr Chris "Short Shorts" Pask a run for his money.