ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don’t shout search! 182 oil advice

titanium 182

could I use 5w 30 fully synthetic mobil one oil in my 182?

I know the advice is to use 5w 40 fully syn

just wondered what the difference was as mobil one is supposed to be good oil and can get a good deal on it...

Let me know

[Edited by _simon_ on 9/9/2005 8:02:24 AM subject changed to something more appropriate]

[Edited by dave182 on 09 September 2005 at 4:55pm]

Mondeo STTDCI

HOW good a deal?

I got like a whole crate of ELF 5w40 for silly money from Debra at Total FINA. Couriered to my door step too!

Made a post today requesting the details.....the numbers on that!

titanium 182

but i dont want a whole crate! maybe Ill just pay you for some of yours then when I do my oil change;)

Mondeo STTDCI

I looked for this topic using the search function and couldnt find it. Not good changing the topic title like has been done. Bad moderation IMHO.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by sara182 on 08 September 2005

could I use 5w 30 fully synthetic mobil one oil in my 182?

I know the advice is to use 5w 40 fully syn

just wondered what the difference was as mobil one is supposed to be good oil and can get a good deal on it...

Let me know
you sure its 5W-30 ?

anyway, that particular grade is pretty much for Ford Zetec engines, wouldnt personally use it

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Slightly off-topic but the best I could find using the search thingy... I had an oil change at Renault Minute in Portsmouth once and they said they put in normal engine oil as they said synthetic-type oil wasnt necessary. :eek: Im pretty sure that was wrong as I have always had Mobil 1 put in in both my std services at my local Renault dealer. Am I right? :confused:

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

IF 40 is the high temperature protection and the engine gets anywhere as hot as a valver or Williams engine I wouldnt put a 30 grade in.

And although asked not for searches, if you do search for any by author oilman you will strike oil so to speak.