ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dom's non-sport MK3 thread #Re-post

Ok. I will see how it goes when the part arrives. Your car looks awesome

No worries! Any bother give me a message. Cheers mate! Got a few updates coming in the next week or so as I've got some bits on order.

With only having 1 Sparco fitted and the other one by my bed I'm feeling like a bit of an idiot when people look inside. I've had someone say to me 'could you only afford one seat? Seems pointless to me' the sooner the passenger side is fitted, the better!

No worries! Any bother give me a message. Cheers mate! Got a few updates coming in the next week or so as I've got some bits on order.

With only having 1 Sparco fitted and the other one by my bed I'm feeling like a bit of an idiot when people look inside. I've had someone say to me 'could you only afford one seat? Seems pointless to me' the sooner the passenger side is fitted, the better!
I will. I might need to do a bit of modding to the insert because im putting it on the 1.2 extreme wheel and dont really have the money for a new one but hopefully by the time it comes i could get a half decent one of a dismatlers. It is pointless. Im just going cheap with the seats and putting on new seat covers. doesnt help i have to get a minor dent fixed on the rear passenger.

Nah you'll be fine! If it's a MK3 then it'll go straight on no modding needed. The 197 has the exact same wheel as a non-sport just with the insert and a different trim I think so don't worry mate. As long as you're happy with the mods you do then that's all that matters. What I would say is save some cash and put it towards lowering springs... I'd say a minimum of 40mm lowering springs

Nah you'll be fine! If it's a MK3 then it'll go straight on no modding needed. The 197 has the exact same wheel as a non-sport just with the insert and a different trim I think so don't worry mate. As long as you're happy with the mods you do then that's all that matters. What I would say is save some cash and put it towards lowering springs... I'd say a minimum of 40mm lowering springs
I wont be lowering it because of the size of the ramps i will be driving over would more than likely ruin the car itself

I will probbably consider lowering after the new year. funds are runing low. going to a renault dismatlers to see if i can get some of the sport trim on tuesday. I will hopefully be able to get a good price on them if not i will just have to use film.

Last edited:
I will probbably consider lowering after the new year. funds are runing low. going to a renault dismatlers to see if i can get some of the sport trim on tuesday. I will hopefully be able to get a good price on them if not i will just have to use film.

What do you mean 'use film'? If they have any 197/200s don't get any of the parts as you need both bumpers and side skirts aswell as wings to make the other bits fit correctly. I know a lad who has some of the side skirts for sale in mint condition for £200... That's a good price to be fair, doubt you'll find anything much cheaper than that

Like carbon fiber 3M di-noc. I used it on the logo of my car. I am looking for the interior trim at the moment. being a student i dont have enough money to get the body kit for the car.

I'm a student aswell... Got a part time job and the money I earn goes on the car and the girlfriend... And you're going to cover the bottom part of your bumper in the carbon curbed vinyl?

I have spent most of my loan on the car getting the wheels, refurbishing them and getting them retyred. I don't have a part time job but i am looking hopefully i can get one that can get me the money i need. No not the bumper. I'm gonna paint the trim on the bumpers and sides in a satin black but the trim on the inside where is silver on the 197 i am going to put in silver vinyl. Its like the carbon but will be easier to apply.

why didn't he get you the parts? I'd be surprised if you can find any second hand like mate. I've only ever seen the side skirts up for sale. Happy hunting though

I don't know. He didn't have the trim I was looking he only had black trim. I'm gonna uses a vinyl with a brushed aluminum effect to it. Works out cheaper as the vinyl is less than a fiver on eBay.

*UPDATE*

Had my CUP spoiler fitted after a few months of having it laying around the house, not too sure on it myself but may grow on me..

1394142_680964755249831_1961365396_n.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I've also had the side strips colour coded which has made a massive difference I think.

1174815_680996401913333_822354332_n.jpg

I also have some Sparco seats but only have the drivers side fitted as I am waiting on the other sub frame to arrive, will be updating with a picture of the interior when the sub frame arrives next week I hope!

Like I said, let me know what you think :) C+C more than welcome!

Mk3 1.4 clio
Looking very nice pal. Definitely investing in one of those spoiler. What body kit have you got on that mate??

More pictures with the cup spoiler are needed!

Yeah mate, I'm going to a ford meet today so I'll get some photos taken there no doubt.

Looking very nice pal. Definitely investing in one of those spoiler. What body kit have you got on that mate??

It comes standard on the car. I have a Dynamique SX. They're like hens teeth to find second hand though mate!

R27 or 200 conversion i say ;)

pointless mate haha! May aswell just get either of those two with the amount of money id be putting into it!

*UPDATE*

My subframe arrived the other day after 24 days of waiting!

I pulled both seats out the car, took one seat apart had to file away at one of the mounting points as it was just out mounted it to the seat to find out I couldn't mount it to either the slider or straight to the car.

So much for 'Renault Clio MK3 Direct Fitment'
I now need to wait another month for the other parts to arrive.

What a waste of time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 94
  Mk3 1.4 clio
Couldn't wait to see them fitted. I final got mine on coilovers and it looks amazing, so much difference in looks and handling. I luv the colour of your car. Looks stunning.