ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Domain Names - Who sells them?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Evening all.

Just wondering how many of you invest your money in to domain names, the dot com boom days are long gone however there is still good money to be made if you buy the best.

Had any joy? I must have spent a couple of hundred quid over the past few years securing some decent ones, had a couple of sales in that time purely by being approached from a landing page. Most recent transaction was very good and returned a good profit, hence my interest is back in the industry. I was looking in to using a website such as Sedo to see how I can get on with auctions etc.

Interesting to see other peoples techniques and preferred methods.

Sam

Tesla MP3 2021
I think our mutual friend Jay found a really good one that was free not so long ago... maybe you should invest.

Hard to say whether it's a workable investment at the moment.

There's a guy I do some sidework for which is into it alot (I do websites for the ones he keeps), he has about 300 currently and is constantly buying/selling.

Tbh unless you get REALLY good ones, you're unlikely to make a lot of money at the moment, especially as there's an ever reducing amount of ones available (assuming you buy new, or get lucky on a trade).

I don't think you'd be able to make a day job of it that's for sure!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yeah, not a day job. Just a nice little earner on the side.

I choose catchy names, ones which people will stumble upon organically.