ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doh! (had accident). - is this fixable ?

3000GT & RB 182
£750 for the Recaros.

Ten mins work to swap if you know what you're doing.

Are there any guides/instructions on the forum here on to do this (ideally with pictures) ?

Glos182 on here has been so kind as to offer me 2 frontseats for free (thanks again dude!). I've had them couriered to myself last night (150 miles, paid only £ 56 for it, using that anyvan.com website where you post a job and get people offering quotes) so now i need to swap them round.

But with 2 lefthands, little experience on working on cars, and not great memories of my 2 ton 3000GT collapsing on top of me when i was underneath removing the propshaft (resulting in ambulance/fire brigade attendance) i'm not really looking forward to it....

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's not too bad. There's 4 bolts, the two door side ones are hidden behind grommets and the inner two are behind the exhaust heatshield IIRC.

Just make sure everything's unplugged under the seat when you lift it out.

None :(
Glos182 on here has been so kind as to offer me 2 frontseats for free (thanks again dude!). I've had them couriered to myself last night (150 miles, paid only £ 56 for it, using that anyvan.com website where you post a job and get people offering quotes) so now i need to swap them round.

Not a problem mate! Cleared some room in the garage. ;-)

I'm sure I found a guide on this site with pictures, search for fitting bucket seats, and do the reverse. I had a mate help me, was helpful as I was surprised by the weight of the standard seats.

GL

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Are there any guides/instructions on the forum here on to do this (ideally with pictures) ?

But with 2 lefthands, little experience on working on cars, and not great memories of my 2 ton 3000GT collapsing on top of me when i was underneath removing the propshaft (resulting in ambulance/fire brigade attendance) i'm not really looking forward to it....

As said there is 8 nuts in total that need to be removed under the car the outer ones are under bungs that come off pretty easily. The inner nuts are under the heatshield but there are holes in the heatshield and you will see them. You may need to undo the olive joint if you have an aftermarket centre section to get access to the nuts. you WILL need a 13mm deep socket though and a 10cm or longer extension bar ,make sure you have one before you start.

Once all 8 nuts are out you can then lift the Recaros out having made sure there is no electrical connectors still connected.

you may need to raise the car depending on if you can slide yourself under it.

+ top tip - cover your eyes if you are directly under the nut you are undoing so you dont get dirt and rust in your eyes.

100percent repairable. But it will be written off by insurance company for sure. Try to keep the salvage as part of your settlement deal. £750- £1000 and a door, skirt would have that looking tip top again.

3000GT & RB 182
And i bought this yesterday (Jaguar S Type R) to cheer myself up (and because the misses wants a 4door car as well)

media.jpg

media%201.jpg

media%206.jpg

406 BHP and 554 NM torque, it's like driving a luxury sofa on steroids!

3000GT & RB 182
So, had a call from the repair company, who said the insurance company is being slow and has a backlog and still haven't responded to the estimate they send over and that came to £ 3365, apparently.

I only paid £ 3500, for the car, so i assume with £ 3365, in repair costs that's definately going to be written off then ?
I've got an excess of £ 200, but that still leaves a £ 3165, cost for the insurance then. How would i find out the market value of the car with it's milage (94K) ?