ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dogbone Torque Settings?

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
I've had a search and found nothing, What is the Dogbone ment to be torqued upto on a 172?

I'm replacing it with a Powerflex kit due to the old one falling apart :mad:

Cheers :D

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Can anyone confirm the way this bush that uses the 17mm bolt is fitted the correct way around?

Not sure who this pic belongs to, hope they dont mind me using it.

Attachments

• 012-vi.jpg
    012-vi.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 54
  alien green rs133
two bolts, one is 16mm and one 18mm. which one do you mean, rear one or the one that bolts into gearbox?

Dodgy one
Can anyone confirm the way this bush that uses the 17mm bolt is fitted the correct way around?

Not sure who this pic belongs to, hope they dont mind me using it.

Makes no difference because the dogbone can be flipped over anyway

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Ah right, 18mm then. As in if it was fitted in the pic. Not sure if the larger part of the bush is to sit at the bottom or top of the mount?

pretty sure i've the longer end of the bushing closest the gearbox on mine (i.e. one in picture above is upside down)

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Henry, Your right. I've gone through so many posts tonight looking for the answer and have come across a few like you have explained.

Cheers :D

182 FFAT
can anyone confirm the correct fitment? want to hear other sustained opinions on this, like franx's^ which seems right