ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dogbone mount cure 3rd gear crunch?

clio 172 cup
Im thinking of selling my cup however i dont want to sell it how it is with 3rd gear crunching. It only crunches when flooring from 2nd gear and then up into 3rd gear. When im driving normally theres no crunch.? I have bought the powerflex bushes to go into the dogbone mount, im kinda hoping its going to cure it but cant see it myself. Iv had a transmission oil change but hasnt made any difference. Any advice?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The up-rated lower mount does help alot, if you have already bought the kit you may as well drop it in and go from there

James

Ian

Focus TDCi
Replacing the lower mount made a lot of difference for my car. Still a bit of a pain to get into second, but the other gears are fine and the gearstick shake is completely gone.

clio 172 cup
yeah will get it fitted and see, dont really wana spend big money as i would only get around 3500 4 the car anyway. Also one other thing, from cold my car is like a kangaroo until its warm. Im use to it but id be embaressed to let some1 test drive it from cold, any solutions? i know a ignition relay cuz the fuel pump dusnt always prime up 1st time but as for the spluttery start any ideas to smooth things out?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The RS 172/182 in general are not friendly from cold, If they have done there home work before buying one the'll know about it