ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dog bone mounts

whats everyones thoughts on the dog bone mounts, just bung some powerflex bushes in the existing twisted one or replace the whole thing with the ktec one?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yup just powerflex your standard one. You'll read on here of "crazy eye shaking vibrations," yes it is a bit harsher on startup, and for the first few hundred miles you'll notice a few more vibrations than usual, but after a few hundred you won't notice its there at all. One of the best mods you can do IMO

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
the powerflex is great,but i had bad vibrations for 2 months til i changed the other engine mounts,then all the vibration stopped also transforms the gear change.

182 Trophy
Just to add my 2 P's worth....
I had uprated to the top 2 mounts with vibratechnics and it made a big improvent. Before you could move the engine just by pushing it. Uprating the top 2 mounts didn't cause much more noticeable vibration. Then i decided to upgrade to the Evol engineering dogbone mount. This is a very good quality product and it definitely improves the gearchange and drastically reduces front to back engine movement when hard on/off the accelerator...but it noticeably increases vibration in the car. Bits of trim started to rattle and you can feel the engine vibration through the steering wheel. I kept it in for about2 months to see if it 'settled in' but it made no difference. So i just bought a new dogbone from Renault. Because i use the car mainly on the road i personally didn't think the extra vibration was worth the benefit.

But again this is my personal experience and opinion. It does improve the gearchange feel but there is extra vibration!

It also means that if you want to buy a nearly new dogbone mount i have one for sale for £40 posted.
It saves any hassle from trying to press out the origonal bushes to replace them with powerflex.

I've bought the racing flex bushes for nine direct for £32 posted from Poland. I'm just awaiting them to turn up. They posted them Monday so should be here soon. They seem to be a sizeable discount to the power flex ones

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I've got flowflex in mine.

It was perfect to start with, now 15 months (8k miles) it seems to have gone soft on me and i'm getting exhaust knock on the arb again,