ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog Bone Mount

Renault Clio 172
Hiya guys,

Just a quick one, what are people's views on the K-Tec stabiliser bar?
Would that be a better shout than the powerflex bushes for the original mount?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had both and currently the powerflex. Both are fine and yeah a few have had issues, but think they have resolved the rubber to make it last longer.

If you need one of those bars I ran a group but with success ages ago and still have his number.

Renault Clio 172
I've had both and currently the powerflex. Both are fine and yeah a few have had issues, but think they have resolved the rubber to make it last longer.

If you need one of those bars I ran a group but with success ages ago and still have his number.
Are the original bushes very difficult to remove? I've had people telling me that a stabiliser bar would be too much, and they make a lot of vibration :/

Ah nice, I found there email. I've sent an email but if I don't hear back I might have to grab their number if that's cool?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah no probs mate just let me know.

I've never removed the bushes myself but a vice would make it easy enough at a guess.

There are different types of bushes, road, race. I only noticed more vibration when the engine mount had the powerflex insert fitted. if you get one just go with the road version, the race is harsh, but good.

Renault Clio 172
Yeah no probs mate just let me know.

I've never removed the bushes myself but a vice would make it easy enough at a guess.

There are different types of bushes, road, race. I only noticed more vibration when the engine mount had the powerflex insert fitted. if you get one just go with the road version, the race is harsh, but good.
Okay nice one dude!

I'm still a bit indecisive I'll probably go for a bar to be honest. If I don't hear anything back by end of the day I'll grab their number

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth mentioning cliosport as i think the prices did go up a touch to £50, still a saving on the ktec version.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I ran the 'race' bushes for a week and it was too harsh as a daily drive for me. Have since been sent a set of the blue 'road' bushes and I now drive it like it has always had this from factory.

Love the feel of the car over the standard dogbone mount.

BG Clio 182
I ran the 'race' bushes for a week and it was too harsh as a daily drive for me. Have since been sent a set of the blue 'road' bushes and I now drive it like it has always had this from factory.

Love the feel of the car over the standard dogbone mount.
Exactly the same for me.

Went from standard to powerflex purple and loved the difference.

Thought wow it'll be even better turned up to 11 with a black evol.

Yeah, it isn't. Not for road use. Back to purple powerflex and awesome again. The yellow or blue evol is the same as the powerflex purple though so imagine you felt that same thing I did. Massive vibrations all the time lol.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk