ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does your 172 move under it's own power?

Mine doesn't which makes slow moving traffic a nightmare!

My Mk1 Hybrid used to, in a traffic jam in 1st it moved slowly and smoothly in 1st with no accelerator.

But in the 172 it jolts around and starts kangarooing so I have to use clutch control which isn't doing the clutch any favours.

What could be the problem? Is it the same as the mk1, possibly the lambda? The reason I say that is because when I clutch control on a hill the revs do up and down slightly, even when i'm still!!

Any help appreciated.

thanks,

Roadster Coupe
Mine used to move a bit but not fast on a flat. The engine hasnt got that much torque so i wouldnt expect much from it.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
nothing to do with torque, as i could coast and get the car moving in my corsa 1.0 and 1.2 many years ago. Its probably all down to idle speed and how the clutch disengages.

Clio is a difficult clutch to manipulate in that way as its either on or off, its not got alot of slip.

mine moves in 1st and 2nd on it's own accord... it also moves on it's own if your on a flat road with the handbrake off and give it a rev upto the limiter... moves about a foot :D lol

Hmm wonder what's up with mine then? I thought it was the lumpy idle that would cause it at 1st but now i'm wondering if it's the plugs, icv or lambda?

In 1st it will move but it kind of starts jerking about :)o) every so often and when you get stuck on the M1 alot is a pain. Jesus, I notice you have 240bhp maybe that's why ;)

Hmm wonder what's up with mine then? I thought it was the lumpy idle that would cause it at 1st but now i'm wondering if it's the plugs, icv or lambda?

In 1st it will move but it kind of starts jerking about :)o) every so often and when you get stuck on the M1 alot is a pain. Jesus, I notice you have 240bhp maybe that's why ;)

quite possibly... and the Omex controlls the idle not the ISCV on mine... so that could explain why it will drive itself... that or maybe its a transformer? that would be pretty cool

P

phill172

mine moves in 1st and 2nd on it's own accord... it also moves on it's own if your on a flat road with the handbrake off and give it a rev upto the limiter... moves about a foot :D lol

love it! mine does too! great fun to piss of the chavs in their saxos! :rasp:

but still cant beat my beetle! old school power! can get all the way to 45 without touching the throttle! mixture of choke and webers!

Megane 2 GT 165
Mine will drive on flat roads on idle, but will be kangarooooing like a b*****d. Still can drive on idle upto 3th gear for sure.

Anything I can do to get a better idle??

Monaco 172 2/468
Mine will not do this, I remember it took a while to learn how to do smooth starts in the 172. I know the feeling between it being either off or on, plus with it being so heavy slow moving traffic is a mare :dapprove:

I always find I have to give it too many revs starting off, but i'm used to it now hehe