ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does UCH program the warning lights?

ive had a search but can't really find anything.

I am currently building up a 172 that was originally a FF not a cup. As this is going to be a track car, I will be using a complete cup loom, with cup ecu and uch(yet to source) basically to get rid of the abs, esp ect.

Question is, I still have the clock set from the original car, If I use the original clock set, will I run into problems which warning lights being on? Or am a better off trying to get a full matching set from a donor cup?

Sure I've read on here that the dials are the same bar the colour, correct me if I'm wrong.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I think the dials are the same in every car and regardless they just do what the ecu/uch tells them to. They aren't part of the kit so your current clocks will be fine.

The diagnostics goes through the airbag ecu. Would take some programming on clip to remove the ABS so it is probably best to swap the loom as you say. You will need to have a speedo drive in the gearbox though which may require changing box. I'm not clued up on that though.

Remember the UCH, ECU, key fob and decoder ring are a set. It sounds like you've got everything at the moment bar the UCH which renders it all useless!

What i ment was ive yet to source all the bits.. Not just the uch.

Ah so the clocks just show what the uch tells them.. Thats usefull as i dont really want the blue faced cup clocks.

Do the clocks record the mileage... Or is that stored in the uch aswell?

Spot on pal... No point buying something that i dont need.. Will show wrong mileage... And look out of place in a black interior lol