ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this 182 sound/look alright.. Any help?

Megane RS250
  Megane RS250
No its the same car, the one with pink is the later ad but the other ad has more info..

RS Clio 172
My advise would be do your research on the white ones before buying. I was offered a white 182 once that was actually a 172 that had been wrote off then put back together. It looked ok but after doing some research on the web I found out there was loads dodgy about it.

Megane RS250
Yeah i HPI'd it and it states its a 182.. im only looking at this as itle save me the hassle of wrapping or re spraying it myself..

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not to be judgemental (I am), but due to the way that the second advert is, I wouldn't touch it.

Astra (H) VXR
I wouldn't touch it as whoever wrote the advert is a bell end And can't spell or write properly. It looks like a 12 year olds text message. To me that screams young chav and abused car.

george 172,205,metro
if u are really interested and its not far from u,go have a look and see how good/bad the paintjob is.
not the worste i have seen and pretty unusual being white

Megane RS250
I cant just go have a look cause im in Durham, thats in Bristol and its £80 one way on the train.. i might just f**k it off and wrap/respray myself..

Black Sheep
I would maybe have a look., but that second advert is shocking! to say the least. would put me right off.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
It looks more trouble than its worth tbh, it also has the wrong headlights so could have had a bodged front end smash hence shite bumper and bonnet. The spoiler is also awful. Id keep looking if i were you, if you did buy it, by the time it was in good condition itd be well over 3k.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Can tell a lot about a car from how the adverts written. If the owners not intelligent enough to write properly, they definitely can't know how to look after a car properly

PB Clio 172
To be honest why are you only looking at a white one?

Much safer to buy a standard one in 'normal 1*2 paint.

Or just go and see it, how can you tell if a car is good that you havent seen ?

Megane RS250
Because i want a white one.. and if i could find one thats decent and had a decent wrap/respray, then it would save me the job.. Not that i mind doing it.

And as i said, i cant just nip and see it as its over 200 mile away..

Megane RS250
Can tell a lot about a car from how the adverts written. If the owners not intelligent enough to write properly, they definitely can't know how to look after a car properly

Ha yeah, to be honest his texts dont fair much butter..not sure if buying a car or deciphering code...

PB Clio 172
Why is a colour that important ? just saying if a mint 182 came up in black would you turn that down ??

Colours these days......

Ha yeah, to be honest his texts dont fair much butter..not sure if buying a car or deciphering code...

Hmmm, yeah I normally avoid those ones. Chances are the paints terrible too and he's not got the sense to realise that either.

I think if you're wanting a white one, then doing it yourself is the only way to ensure it's done right.

I can't stand bad paintwork, I'd rather see dents and scratches than a bad cover up. If I wanted white 182 I'd look for a silver one, pop all windows, bumpers etc off and have it sprayed. 3M wrap costs a lot more and I don't think on a Clio it's worth it.

Personally I'd be spraying a silver one Liquid Yellow as hands down that's my ultimate colour for a Clio! :)

On the other hand though, he may be hyper intelligent and indeed you are deciphering a code which is his method of screening an appropriate buyer to pass the car onto...? Ha

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I have to agree. You're really limiting your market. Condsidering that they weren't made in white in the first place and there are only a handful that have been sprayed, the chance of finding a decent one for sale is pretty slim.

Black Sheep
Buy a tidy standard car local. Get it wrapped by a well recommended professional. Job done.

Dont go traveling a million miles with a one way ticket. Find a well and truly abused chav wagon, that you feel you have to buy cause you have came so far,

convincing yourself "its not that bad its white like I wanted ect "

Then over the coming months throw twice as much cash at the car getting it right.

That a good wrap or dare I say respray would cost lol lol.

Some of us have learnt this lesson before with these sort of things. Sometimes your lucky others not.

PB Clio 172
I have to agree. You're really limiting your market. Condsidering that they weren't made in white in the first place and there are only a handful that have been sprayed, the chance of finding a decent one for sale is pretty slim.

+1

Megane RS250
Buy a tidy standard car local. Get it wrapped by a well recommended professional. Job done.

Dont go traveling a million miles with a one way ticket. Find a well and truly abused chav wagon, that you feel you have to buy cause you have came so far,

convincing yourself "its not that bad its white like I wanted ect "

Then over the coming months throw twice as much cash at the car getting it right.

That a good wrap or dare I say respray would cost lol lol.

Some of us have learnt this lesson before with these sort of things. Sometimes your lucky others not.

Yeah, thats going to be the case i think.. i was just looking.

Any idea on how much a wrap or a respray is?

So am I getting this right, he’s had the car a month going by the last ad post and this new seller ad date. I get that some people can change their minds about a car or realise they haven’t got the founds but just seems odd.

Got to say I would have been happier buying it based on the first ad but not the second one, just seems like there’s too many inconstancies between the two and just how poorly the second ad has been written out and with crap information etc. That alone would put me off and I would forget about it and wait for another to maybe pop up

Megane RS250
Colour yes..

However the op was for someone to have a look and see if it sound alright as a car.. as it doesn't, my eyes a trained elsewhere now.

Megane RS250
I am not having a go just it sounds like you would buy a car due to its colour.......

I hope not

I dont, i asked if the car looked decent due to it already being in white which would have saved me the job of a respray, but im not fussed if i have to do the job myself.

I just wanted to see what people with more knowledge about Clios than me (What to look for, what not to look for) would suggest/recommend about the car..

As it turns out, it looks dodgy, and from what people have said im going to look elsewhere.

Focus Tit Est & R26
that second advert is hilarious
i wouldnt want to see a civic type R cum on a road!!!
didnt know it was possible to be honest, he must be talking about dropping its sump

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole ! Another BARGAIN £2500 Minter that will turn out to be a money pit LOL
Think the only writing the seller has done was on Blackberry messenger sounds like a proper Chav !
As above Gumtree is Shed central lol

Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole ! Another BARGAIN £2500 Minter that will turn out to be a money pit LOL
Think the only writing the seller has done was on Blackberry messenger sounds like a proper Chav !
As above Gumtree is Shed central lol

Gumtree is getting more popular. I've sold a couple of decent, albeit cheaper cars on there. Though I'd agree, if I was looking for a car it's not the first place I'd look!

Although saying that, I found my 182 on there, but hadn't even considered looking on gumtree and was shocked it was still available at the price he was asking, and then I knocked him down!! :D

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Those two adverts are from two difference Sellers - look at the phone numbers, the names, and key; the locations.

Ben bought it from Kurtis I reckon... and Ben either cant afford it or has broken it and cant afford to fix it! :/

Also explains the inconsistencies in mileages and literacy, hehe :)

Those two adverts are from two difference Sellers - look at the phone numbers, the names, and key; the locations.

Ben bought it from Kurtis I reckon... and Ben either cant afford it or has broken it and cant afford to fix it! :/

Also explains the inconsistencies in mileages and literacy, hehe :)

I thought that earlier but thought that was the point everyone was making?
Still doesn't make a great deal of sense as to why an advert a month ago states cam belt was done 100 miles ago, and second advert states 12k ago.
Made me think the first advert was written and car was either for sale for a long time, or, was readvertised??

Rusty Cup
Pepper if your happy with your 182 and your after a white one then i'd wrap yours. Full wrap will cost best part of a grand so its worth having a think how badly you want a white 172/182!!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Advert says he needs to sell it as he can't afford two cars.

Two paragraphs later he's open to part-x as he wants new project.

I hope nobody buys that. Although whoever will buy it will no doubt be as retarded as the seller.