ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does my car have RSTuner?

Clio 182 Cup
Hi

Is any way of checking whether my car has already been remapped using RSTuner? I was thinking of remapping but that would obviously be a complete waste of money if it has already done!

Thanks

Does it feel really restricted, then when it gets to 5000 revs turns fierce and gives you a bit of torque steer etc?

If so, it's probably not been remapped.

Clio 182 Cup
I just checked. When it's warm it idles quite smoothly at about 800rpm and in 1st and 2nd gear the limiter hits at about 6600rpm. It doesn't feel really restricted below 5000rpm but the power does kick in there.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
6800 is the cold limiter. You need to drive it for 15 minutes to fully get it upto temp and then see what it limits at

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
You don't need to buy an rs tuner you just need to find someone with one who is willing to plug it to you're car, and select the ecu information tab on the home page and that will give you what software and cal you are running if its mapped with the 98ron map you're data should read:
software:8200
cal file 7804.

just plug one in and see what the software and cal numbers are.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
^ this.

Mine has rs tuner and still get a kick at 5k but nit as vigorous as it used to be.
Can definatley notice it more with induction kit on as it changes note at 5k.
When cold, it should rev itself for a while when slowing down to a stop if it is mapped.

BG Clio 182
^ this.

Mine has rs tuner and still get a kick at 5k but nit as vigorous as it used to be.
Can definatley notice it more with induction kit on as it changes note at 5k.
When cold, it should rev itself for a while when slowing down to a stop if it is mapped.
Really? (about the revving when cold) I have been trying to figure out what the issue is and chasing my tail lol. My car came with a RS tuner 98 RON map.

Clio 182 Cup
The rev limiter is hit at 7250rpm when it's warmed up so looks like it hasn't been mapped.

Also doesn't rev itself when cold and slowing down.

So I need to buy the tuner and the map but do I also need to buy the licence?

PB172,dci100,dci65
Dont you have issues with MOT then? Here its required to have idle between 650 - 800 rpm. I always have to turn off climate manually because with set to auto it turns on as its warm in the garage and now and then rpms jump slightly over 800. Trying to explain to the tester was loss of effort...

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I had mot on Friday no issues but I know the guy he never mentioned it thou, he also will pass with a decat if you show him you still have cat.