ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does my 182 have an alarm?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Open the door with the key . I think that should set it off if it has .

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Easiest way, should have a sensor on the interior A pillar and mines got a red LED by the gear shift but that might only be for Trophies.

Just checked

I have a red flashing light by the speedo

I've just locked it with the fob, then opened the car with the key, nothing went off.

Should it have a alarm standard on the 182?

Mk2 Ph2 172
As above you should have the alarm sensors on the a pillars and another led on the dash ( not the flashing immobiliser light )

Definitely don't have sensors on the A pillars :/

Did all 182's come with an alarm? Has mine been removed or wasn't it spec when it was built

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
No sensors suggests it doesn't.. Any etchings on the windows ?! Is there a siren under the bonnet ?

Not all RS's had alarms.. the import's didn't AFAIK.... My old Ph2 didn't. Grateful TBH - something less to go wrong !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just checked

I have a red flashing light by the speedo

I've just locked it with the fob, then opened the car with the key, nothing went off.

Should it have a alarm standard on the 182?

The red flashing light next to the speedo shows the immobiliser is set .

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How can I find out if mine is an import then?

Is it bad it might be an import?

Answer questions:

No sensors suggests it doesn't.. Any etchings on the windows ?! Is there a siren under the bonnet ?

Not all RS's had alarms.. the import's didn't AFAIK.... My old Ph2 didn't. Grateful TBH - something less to go wrong !

It shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Didn't they stop etching the windows on the later 182's anyway ? Nothing wrong with having an import mate . Its exactly the same car as the so called UK models , it was made in the same factory . The only difference is they didn't come etched windows as already said , no alarm which was fitted in the UK at the import centre which by the way only had an 18 month warranty on them and often went wrong and no locking wheel nuts which can be bought for a few quid anyway . I'm on my second import and contrary to popular belief is worth just as much as a UK model when you come to sell it . Enjoy your car , get an alarm fitted . I have a Toad A850T which intergrates with the immobiliser so you just use the standard key to set it .

I dont have an alarm or locking wheel nuts so looks like its an import.

I still don't know what this window etching is all about

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It's some sort of security number they etch on all the windows . I wouldn't worry about it . I'm surprised you got insured as most insurance companies i contacted wanted at least a Cat 2 alarm fitted . When i got mine fitted i got a £60 refund off Adrain Flux :D

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob
mine puts windows up if i leave them down after locking with fob. Also if i unlock car with fob and dont open a door within 30 sec it locks itself again is this after market alarm or standard i have sensors on pillars and a red light just above heater controls?
thanks Dave