ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does HDMI carry sound?

57 Clio Campus Sport
yer it does. No usually no need for any other cables if you connect something through hdmi. e.g ps3

Leon Cupra 300
Right thanks...

My new laptop has hdmi out, so will i be able to route this into my amp via hdmi and then out again to my tv via hdmi and all be well?

Tappd'd RS
assuming your amp (if it has more than one HDMI port) is a repeater and not a switcher.

Switcher will only accept video input.

Tappd'd RS
not too sure mate - it's not clear in the link.

Sony Amps (unless they are the dearer ones) tend just to have HDMI switchers.

Leon Cupra 300
Cheers for the help mate... i would just of thought if it's on about having potentially 2 hdmi sources connected up at once to the tv via the amp if your tv has just one input it would carry the sound and everything!

Polo + Micra
+ i'd say if it was an amp then it will only do video as the amp itself would more than likly be used for the sound

Leon Cupra 300
+ i'd say if it was an amp then it will only do video as the amp itself would more than likly be used for the sound

See what you're saying here but one of its selling points is been able to connect up say a 360 and Sky HD to the amp and then run them to your TV. Why would you use 2 cables instead of just one like the 360 and Sky HD does already? So must do sound too.