ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone run their 182 on NORMAL unleaded?

Right....

I run mine on optimax, bp ultimate, texaco 97, esso 97... basically anything "super"

Its a work/company car and I could really do with cutting the pence per mile figure down as I dont get reimbursed enough to cover the costs of super unleaded.

Just wondered if anyone ran their car on normal unleaded???

Jake

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i only use unleaded in my 182! I tried v power yest n its rubbish for economy imo

clio 182 FF
Always running on V-power, To fill my tank I pay about £42.00ish and I get about 260-280 miles out of mine alot of times it's less than that cause I drive it hard
Tbh you should be running 98ron or above as the ecu is set to that base map .

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I actually find I get better economy from normal than V power etc. A normal tank will last me about a week and a couple of days, where as V power only lasts a week tops.

Mondeo STTDCI
I run it on 95ron apart from one fill up on pay day of the 98 stuff. I notice no difference in performance, economy or idle. I use it in the vain hope that it "cleans" the engine a bit or something.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i have always run mine on normal and its always been fine and as fast as my mates who runs optimax

also run my 172 cup on normal for 2 years

again no probs

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Poor only put in normal unleaded ;)

Remember, it does say put 98 ron in the car on the filler cap ;)

i run my dynamique on sainsburys super :eek: i feel it makes a difrence i fill it up 4-5weeks with 35quids worth i get 300+ miles a tank

well at the moment I get between 245 and 275 to a tank and its about £44 to fill up at £1.07p a litre at the mo

I doubt I'll get any more mileage to the tank but it will obviously cost less to fill up and hence be a bit cheaper.

I just wanted to see what people do...

I know the obvious benefits and I have seen the sign on the petrol cap... I come from High Powered Cosworth ownership so super/optimax etc is the norm- just usually for the weekend car.

Jake

182 FF
No garage with 98ron near me so its normal for me unfortunatly, If I get the chance I do fill up with 98ron, not very often tho.

alien green rs133
we only ever run the clio rally car on "normal unleaded" runs fine, only about 8 mpg though, maybe less lol, it also runs on lpg, but gas injectors cant keep up after 6000 rpm, also sometimes use octane booster but thats expensive :(

tiTTy & SV650
the car adapts, if you mix n match its not really going to get used to anything. The ignition retards to compensate for 95 - 98 (any more than 98 is a waste) so basically after one fill up you cannot comment on the fuel being crap, you need at least 2 tank fulls to make a fair comment.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Normal, unless i've spent £50 at Tesco (then get 5p of a litre) or i'm about to go on a track day/ need to drive my car fast.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
F4R engines don't tend to like 95 octane petrol even in a very mild state of tune. You can hear (on most) pinking fairly bad which will cause the timing to r****d and a lack of performance. If people running 95 expect to see a change in one tank of 98 you won't. Fill it a few times and try it. Honest it's false economy :)

I always use v power, I did once fill up with normal unleaded just to see and I think there was only about £3 or £4 difference between a full tank of normal and the mighty V so thats why I only use v power.. Cost me £44 to fill up yesterday.. I didnt notice and performance differences between the too.

Rob.

Mk2 172
always run it on unleaded. cant be bothered to fill up with the posh stuff. i went through 3 years of using optimax in my impreza and cant stand payin it anymore. havin said that when ive tried it it does improve the clio 182s throttle response quite a bit i thought.

R26
Only use V-power now. I can get just over 300 out of a tank doing a 50 mile commute Mon-Fri with a mix of country roads, A roads and a stretch of dual carriageway.

It's a mix of driving styles too as I can't always "press on" during rush hour! ;)

I use 97-100 super.

It wont blow up on 95 despite what people say on here, but the engine does run sweeter on a higher octane fuel, and often or not you'll get more miles to the gallon (still less ££ to the gallon probably lol)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
At moment I'm getting quite used to BP Ultimate!:cool:

After reading the EVO fuel reviews, in which BP Ultimate 102 came 1st, BP Ultimate97 came second, then i think it was Tesco 99 and then V-power in 4th place.

The report is quite right in saying the BP gives a good surge of mid range torque. After a few hundred quids worth there is a difference to v-power. Though v-power seems better lower down the revs for some reason:S

That said, I'd have either depending which garage was closest. But nothing else.

Never 95ron again though.:nono:

iceberg 172 cup
Just done Alton Towers and back on Tesco 99 octane, about a 320 mile round trip for me in Weston-s-mare the trip computers still showing 60 miles of fuel left and the guage is on the last line before the red. Can't believe it's done so many miles on one tank !!