ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anyone know when they are going to bring out uprated 172/182 gearbox parts

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
hi every 172/182 i have had has crunched on gear changes when ragging it

i have heard this is such a common problem

luckly my 182 at the moment does not do this but would like to be able to change gear fast without having to worry so much

seams like the mesh is made of plastic it seems

I know the answer to this... never.

You have never been able to rush clio boxes and I doubt you ever will.

They are more than good enough for road use, and no works competition Renaults use Renault boxes anyway

why would they bring out a better box for an old car when they can continue to make money from all the other blown up ones? lol. basically there's no other choice, other than to take it easy on gear shifts... I'm a lot more sympathetic these days towards them, replaced 3-4 on the Williams alone

You can get a grp A box. Not sure on what is replaced in terms of parts but says it uses the standard casing with different internals. I dont imagine you will be getting alot of change out of 3k though.

http://www.swrmotorsport.com/main/transverse_sadev.htm

It always used to be the case that broke under heavy use anyway, smashed the end of the case out from the inside.

For road/track use it might survive though, but I still wouldnt bother

You can get a grp A box. Not sure on what is replaced in terms of parts but says it uses the standard casing with different internals. I dont imagine you will be getting alot of change out of 3k though.

http://www.swrmotorsport.com/main/transverse_sadev.htm

It always used to be the case that broke under heavy use anyway, smashed the end of the case out from the inside.

For road/track use it might survive though, but I still wouldnt bother

Is it stronger then standard though?

You also get a choice of gear ratios and an LSD.

mine have all been gears going and exploding diffs...

Well, ive never used a normal diff tbh.

The trouble is, it doesnt matter what you upgrade in the transmission. All you are going to do is move the point of failure if you put enough stress on the system.

If you get a bullet proof diff the case goes.
If you get a bullet proof case you start snapping driveshafts
If you get uprated driveshafts you start breaking the outer cv where the splined end goes into the hub
If you use thicker splined ends you start breaking wheel studs.

Upgrade everything and you go back to breaking the gearbox if you treat it rough enough

hi every 172/182 i have had has crunched on gear changes when ragging it

i have heard this is such a common problem

luckly my 182 at the moment does not do this but would like to be able to change gear fast without having to worry so much

seams like the mesh is made of plastic it seems
Don't abuse it and chnage the fluid for good stuff a few times.

There are uprated boxes out there but not Renault uprated ones realy.

clio 200 F4Rt
what about approaching Quaife, as they do gear kits for pugs and citroens.

see if they would be interested in making a gear set up, slightly shorter ratio's too! :D

172 cup'd extreme
im on my 4th box in 30k miles, no gears have broke its been the casing twice, crown wheel and the diff.