ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone know of a glue that conducts electricity?

mini cooper (RIP 172)
rear screen heater gone?

sorry i'm no help! can only think of solder, but that wont help with glass! you can get sticky back metal tho:eek:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Getting to that stage Dink! Tried everything bar soldering I cna think of. Convinced I'll shatter teh screen if I solder though.

Rob, you got it 1!

3d_pritt_stick.jpg

Surely?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As said mate Ive tried that already.

The problem is the metal bit that attaches to the window has come off and it needs to be stuck back on but also conduct!

Is soldering likely to crack the glass?

Fiat Coupe
Think solder melts somewhere in the region of 250 degrees c, which is rather hot....straight onto cold glass that'd crack it, but if you could heat the glass up first to try and minimise the temperature difference...not sure how well it'd work though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
mmm suppose could gradually heat the outside with water and the inside with a hairdryer, build it up gradually

One idea is to melt the solder onto the metal connecter, allow it to dry and the heat the opposite side of the connector which may keep the heat off the glass.

Or is that bullshit?!