ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone know how to change the headlight levelling motor?PH2 Xenon

PH2 172
As above, my LH has ejected itself and the beams are pointing at the ground 5ft in front of the car, and the motor seems to be seized solid.
It is still firmly attached to the reflector, and the outboard left/right adjuster is intact.
HEADLIGHT LEVELLING MOTOR B.jpg
This is puzzling, as I have a spare scrap RH headlamp I could salvage a motor from, but other than being able to twist the spare motor anti clockwise by 5 degrees, I get to the point that any further force will break something if I`m not doing it correctly.
The motors are not serviced by Renault, so looking at the parts catalogue for clues is a non starter.
SPARE HEADLIGHT LEVELLING MOTOR C.jpg
Any advice from someone that has practical experience of this problem would be appreciated.

renault clio 1.4 16v
they should turn and clip in and out, as for movement, they wont move by hand by pushing or pulling on the rod, worm gears inside so its self locking, only hand adjustment is the little while screw on the top, unless you have tested the motor and its not working?

theres a little ball socket inside, so be careful when putting them back or taking them apart, they get brittle with the heat from the lights after some years.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It will only twist to lock in place a few degrees because there's a peg that stop it turning further. The white adjuster will be dead top when it's locked in place properly. Why it's come out is what you need to find out. It could be that the black headlamp body it fits in has broken. If so glue it in or get a new light.