ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anybody know if...

clio sport 172
Hello, could anybody please tell me if clio 172 dampers are the same lengh as smaller engined clios? Having problems with 1 damper and was wandering if i could replace it with one from a scrap yard but more than likely not going to be a sport, i will use my springs so it will only be the damper, thankyou

twingo
you replace two dampers at once, not a single damper man. that would be a death trap having a 1.2 clio damper on one side and then a 172 damper on the other side in terms of damping rates. in the wet on a pot hole rebound, i'd really fear for you

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Stop being a pikey f**k, just buy 2 new ones, less than £100. Not worth the hassle.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Stop being a pikey f**k, just buy 2 new ones, less than £100. Not worth the hassle.

Depends how much money you have. To some people 100 quid is still a lot of money.

When I was a student I was properly broke and the only way I could afford to run a car at all was fixing it with scrapyard bits, in fact thats the only reason I started working on cars, cause I had to, then I found I quite enjoyed it and now its my hobby, if Id had loads of money in the first place I probably would have just lobbed it in a garage and missed all the fun.