ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does a tv have to be Blu Ray ready to play Blue Ray films??

320d M Sport
Yea, it's just a HD format but some tellys (that one included) display full on HD via Blu Ray or HD-DVD, I think it's the 1920 X 1080 you need to look for in order to get the 1080p HD quality.

That right? lol

clart im not wrong

the only reason it says blu ray ready is because its a samsung tv a sharp 1080p tv doesnt say blu ray ready or hd dvd ready as any tv that supports any of the hd screen resolutions is blu ray ready or hd dvd ready

the player will just downscale it to what ever you display will take

like i said
any tv that can do any of these resolutions is blu ray ready 9this is taken from samsungs site left tick is hdmi output right is component
1920 x 1080 P
tick.gif
/ - 1920 x 1080 I
tick.gif
/
tick.gif
1280 x 720 P
tick.gif
/
tick.gif
720 x 480 P
tick.gif
/
tick.gif
720 x 480 I - /
tick.gif

oh it even has a composite and svideo output too

SLK 350
Just marketing bullsh1t to help sell their sh1tty format. By branding everything it ensures the millions of people who are going to be caught in the confusion during the crossfire will buy their product over a non-branded 'ready' product.

HD-DVD for the win!

I've been looking around a bit, and can only find true HD on TVs 42" and above. Are there TV's below this size that are true HD?

Revels Mum & Sister
By true HD do you mean supporting 1080P

To be honest anything below 42" there wont be a huge difference between 1080i and 1080p