ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does a 172cup have a smaller fuel tank than a non cup

clio cup 172
i was just wondering if my clio 172cup has a smaller fuel tank than a non cup i just filled my car up and it only took £37.49quid at 92.9 a litre and that was from the gauge saying 9miles to empty

nope.

you put 40 litres in, which is how much I usually 'fill up' with when my light comes on. All clios have 50ltr tanks
I always use V-Power which costs more though... so more like £45

53 Clio's & counting
i was just wondering if my clio 172cup has a smaller fuel tank than a non cup i just filled my car up and it only took £37.49quid at 92.9 a litre and that was from the gauge saying 9miles to empty

does your comp show down that low mate? mine gets to 40 miles then just shows 4 blank lines,thats also when the light comes on

rps13
yeah that's weird, the trip goes out at different mileage each time.

between 30-45

why is that?

calculates remaining distance on fuel based on MPG I believe, so if your steaming on this number will be less and vice versa..

Someone correct me if i'm wrong

320d
Last time my red light was on it did about 60 miles and still only got 45 litres in. Bloody thing just doesnt use petrol after red light comes on.

PH1 172 Sport
Fuel light comes on when 1 gallon is left. Hence why it comes on at different ranges as it will all depend on your MPG.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I dont know if its the same with the non RS's but my petrol light seems very temperamental... i have got over 90miles when on the light before because i was convinced it couldnt be right!

recommended 98ron , though its doesn't really make that much of a difference imo .