ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodo Juice Supernatural vs. Dodo Juice Purple Haze

Shed.
Been posted in the detailing section, but theres some clio action for those who want to see it.

Dodo Juice - Supernatural vs. Dodo Juice Purple Haze

The aim was to see if i could justify spending £95 on a pot of wax, or if i should stick to my £40 purple haze which ive been using for the past 5 months. Amungst the dodo juices was Meguirs Gold class liquid wax. A product which i have never tried before, and am still unsure of.

The test currently is about application, removal and finishes. I will add to it once ive seen the durability of them all, and all done on a poverty car.

DSC01361.gif

DSC01365.gif

-----The pictures are not ment to show off the car, only the paintwork. Please forgive the final state of the car as a whole, as i was only concentrating on the paintwork. Also, the car is suffering from minor orbital scratches.

Step 1 - Wash

1 Week without a wash, The car was washed with a ridiculously strong mix of gold class as im running short of shampoo plus, to try strip all the lsp's already on there.

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

Washed using gold class and the 2 bucket method, clayed using half a sonus green and gold class as lube, and then washed again with gold class.

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

And the paint during washing after they claying -

DSC01374.jpg

It then began to snow. :mad:

Stage 2 - Polishing and Application of waxes.

The car went in the garage and was given a coat of Autoglym Super resin Polish. The Bonnet and front quaters were treated to 2 coats.

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

Below is a picture of the paintwork with just a coat of srp, with the supernatural wax being applied to the front quater pannel and half of the bonnet. I was origionally going to do Half of the bonnet and the quater, but i ended up doign the entire drivers side of the car with supernatural.

DSC01384.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01390-1.jpg

And after -

DSC01391-1.jpg

Due to the level of light in the garage and with it snowing outside, I took no pictures.

The drives side of the car, front drivers quater pannel and drivers side of the bonnet were given a coat of Supernatural. The Passenger side front quater pannel was given a coat of the Gold class Liquid Wax, which i think smells like bubblegum, and the rest of the car coated in Purple Haze.

Opinions -

The supernatural was eazy using the meguirs foam pad, Removal was relativly easy although i did find it needed more buffing than the purple haze did. The finish given was excelent. Paintwork looked like black glass and was smooth to the touch. the picture does it little justice and looks rarther dissapointing compared to what i have witnessed.

DSC01410.jpg

The liquid wax was obviously easy to apply, however removal was more of a challenge than i had expected, with a lot of buffing required to remove the wax. Finish was actually rarther good, and has little difference between the others. Not bad for the price i guess.

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

The Purple haze which i have been using for a while now, was easy to apply, although not as easy as supernatural, and easy to remove. the finish is good, however it is not as good as the supernatural finish. Durability is okay for this wax.

DSC01412.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

The half and half on the bonnet, believe me, supernatural on the left is by far the best.

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

RenaultSport 172.
looks smart mate...

could justify the £ tag if i was prepping it for Shows and it did actualy make a diffrence over other wax's

C

Curtiz

my goodness that puts my we clio to shame lol

fantastic results you got there! not £95 nice though :p lol

RenaultSport 172.
as i said...if the results reflected it then yes id pay it for show use....

but then again..id expect someone to come with the little tester pot to come and wax my car for me too lol!

A slow one :-(
P21s + collinite 476 ftw ...half the cost twice the durability

Yep - as this man said!

Its all down to the prep work imo... having forked out 35 quid on some Dodo I'll not be going anymore expensive than that! I'll probs move back down to a cheaper wax like Collinite/P21S once the Dodo has run out.

IMO its all hype... although I have heard with the more expensive Z/S waxes you can tell difference a month or so down the line!

Car looks descent though! I wacked a layer of P21S on my car yesterday and no doubt it'll have already come off with this weather!

Rage - For show use try putting a glaze like Megs 7 on when you arrive at the show!

Last edited:
  Clio
wow that looks oh so clean michael, I really want some natty's blue for my car and it needs a clay :D.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
P21's definately, its not as durable as some of the others but for looks its top, especially on blues.

SRP+EGP+P21's :

IMG_2683_1.jpg

Octavia VRS
Nice post Michael.

I'm going to be doing a full day's detail on my mum's black Clio soon. Only a 54 plate but looks like it has the paint of a ten year old car :S Swirl city!