ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy battery ?

2007 clio dynamique
Hi basically yesterday my partner started the car fine and went out, when she returned it woudnt start , anyway i bump started it no problems drove it home turned it off and then tryed starting it and nothing , i used a booster pack and it started no problems , ive tryed it again this morning and nothing , its a mk3 1.4 i also get a low battery warning when i start it , i just dont no if its a charging problem or a dead battery ?

Clio 172 Cup
sounds like a duff battery. halfords do a check on the battery condition for free if you ask them.

2007 clio dynamique
Ok cheers didnt no that and im assuming its the original as its still a renault one so about 5 years old now

Clio 172 Cup
Yea id say its probably time for a new one, get a HCB063 from halfords, calcium batteries are better, pack a bit more punch, less shite in winter and 4 Year Guarantee. £76

2007 clio dynamique
Cheers for that Il get one ordered , also does anyone happen to no if the clear whole on the battery should be green as mines not if so im assuming this is telling me its dead ?

Clio 172 Cup
f**k going to helfrauds

ebay is the place to go

yea i know lol. its just faster then waiting for post if he's desperate for one.
to be honest i just bought that from the link you gave as the amperage is better then halfords hcb063 and that link above.

2007 clio dynamique
Thanks for all the advice , hopefully will arrive soon as my car really doesnt like the current battery lol , nipped to the shop earlier came out and it was flat got it started but had no power steering was misfiring abs and airbag fault

Didnt realise you could get the exide one for £40!! great price, tbh i didnt think you could even ship them because of the acid!

Fiesta ST3
Didnt realise you could get the exide one for £40!! great price, tbh i didnt think you could even ship them because of the acid!
yep my exide came in a heavy duty bag with a spill kit aswell for a far better battery than the bosch which afterall is just a rebranded varta with 20% added onto the pricehttp://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/210431/car_batteries.html the exide that won the test is now known as the premium*** same as the one in the link i already posted http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290670841...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1371wt_1185