ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgey Diff Please Help

1.6 16v clio priv
Was on my way to work last night. I dropped the clutch to change down as I went over a roundabout and it wouldnt come out of 5th. The gear lever would pull down into neutral but the gear would not dissengage.
Called the AA out.
While I was waiting I gave the gear lever a hard shake and it dropped out of gear. The car will now select and drive in all gears, but there is a nocking noise in all gears and when rolling in neutral.

The AA man jacked the car up. Both wheels have a stiff spot when rotating so he said he thinks its the diff.

Any ideas whats up.
If it is the diff can it be repaired or will I need a new gear box.
If so where can I get a cheap box.

I have heard that the gearbox from the 1.4 16v (mine is 1.6 16v) will swap for the curren one.

If this is true which gearboxes will be interchangeable. My gearbox is a
JB3 979

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Could well be the diff although it very hard to say with out testing it etc. is your car out of warrenty, how many miles as renault still might pay a percentage towards a new box. yea i think 1.4 boxes are the same as 1.6 mate.