ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you ever forget how fun they are?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I love taking care of whatever car I own, never wants for anything and gets cleaned every Sunday without fail. I drive like miss daisy pretty much all the time especially as I only work ten mins from work so it never gets warm enough. But tonight I drove the long way home and have just dropped the girlfriend and a couple of mates off which involves going through the lanes. These cars are great fun, I sometimes forget how much. Thought I'd share lol

clio 182
mine spends 90% of its life in the garage as its my toy and alot of the time i think i might aswell sell it as i dont use it.until i take it for a blast out then relise why i still have it.

Black Sheep
I know the feeling. Basically might as well own a 1.2 going to work through town. Really need to go out in the country for a blast someday.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I quite often forget, I only ever take it to work, uni or my girlfriends. Neither of which involve fun driving or long enough to really get the car warm. But every now and again il cone accross a good road and have a big smile when I remember the fun!

Summers totally different though. Il often go out just to rag the car round some decent roads. Nothing beats it really.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I drive a works van in the week. So jumping into the Clio at the weekend makes it feel even better. It puts a huge smile on my face everytime I go in it!

Swift Sport
I think it's made even worse if you do trackdays, because you know that you can't drive to the cars potential when you're on the road.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Every car I have gets a regular beasting, I dont see the point if having a quick car without releasing its potential on a regular basis - I kinda thought I would have grown up by now and have a dull boring sensible economical car but wheres the fun in that!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Yeah mine just gets its daily commute or I've boys with me. But last night took proper drive over the hills and lanes. Totally grinning all the way. So much fun what they were made for.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As its a daily I just jump in and away I go. Sometimes it annoys me as I drive other cars through work it's bumpy and a pain when your tired. It's moments when a Ds3 tries it on, mmm I don't think so lol

Astra (H) VXR
Every car I have gets a regular beasting, I dont see the point if having a quick car without releasing its potential on a regular basis - I kinda thought I would have grown up by now and have a dull boring sensible economical car but wheres the fun in that!

This

I have had dull economical cars and they have never lasted me longer than 6 months before I'm buying something 'fun' again! Luckily I live near lots o lanes and my Sunday morning ritual involves a blast down a great set of them to the not so local buttie bar.. Best bacon buttie I've ever had.. Worth the 15 mile round trip.. And the roads are great and the car just eats them up.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't find them fun on the roads anymore. There's too much traffic, too many cameras, too many potholes....etc etc. I'd rather be driving a barge with an Auto box.

As soon as I get it on track though, I fall in love all over again. So easy to drive fast, really adjustable on the throttle, cheap on fuel, cheap on tyres.... They're brilliant.

Ph1 172
ive been without a clio for a couple of years, i was driving one of the sensible eco barges (mondeo) and now back in another 172. had a blast over to a friend of mines house, 14 miles each way, 3/4 of that is country roads and i was as happy as a 6 year old on xmas morning and grinning like a loony.

most fun car ive ever owned, without a doubt. normally id have to have boost for this kind of excitement haha

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yup. Most of the time it doesn't go above 3k. Usually lazing in 6th unless I'm pulling away or slowing down. Put my foot down in second the other day and I forgot how quick it was. Probably because I was in my work boots and planted my foot a bit harder than I wanted lol.

FF Racing Blue 182
it has to be said when i first bought the 182 i thought what have i done i was so close to signing the finance forms on a 2009 58 plate 197 because the misses wont even look at the 182 but i put the foot down and never looked back

i know its french and its an old car so things have got to start going wrong but the fun you get out of it i know its not the fastest on the road by a long shot like this morning i was giving it the beans and i had to lift off the pedal i thought the front wheels were going to come off the ground and 3rd gear up past the 5k kick is fun

i never drive fast so when i do drive heavy footed the wee clio always gives me a laugh be ause its a clio