ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you change filter every time you drop oil?

Track 172 Cup
Just wondering really if anyone who changes the oil regular on their track car changes the filter every time. I know they're only cheap and was just a thought too see what other people do I've just bought a few genuine oil filters of eBay for keeping on top of the engine oil changes.

Track 172 Cup
yeah I bought a few genuine filters with the sump plug washer off eBay for the oil changes, I was just wondering as I plan on changing the oil after say 4/5 track days which would be about 1000 miles (maybe every 6 months) as I've seen some people (mainly with bikes though) who just drop the oil and every other change do the filter, but to be honest for the sake of £8 I'll just change the filter.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yes, otherwise the old oil in the old filter will still be circulating around the engine.
You'll have much more old oil in the engine than just a filters worth tbh.

It's what the filter catches you want out.

172 Rally Car
Yeh change the filter if you're only changing every 1000 miles. I will sometimes change the filter every other time but I change the oil every 120 - 150 ish miles in the rally car