ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do these quotes look alright? Advice needed.

Hey guys,

I've been doing getting some insurance quotes some of them seem pretty good but was just wondering if anyonbe knew anywhere cheaper.

I have based them on this:

• £3k car value
  • 2004/2005 3-door Dynamique
  • 18 years old
  • Female
  • Up to 6k miles/year
  • Fully comp
  • One named driver
  • Brand new license/first car
Direct line £1836.71
Admiral £1162.55
Kwik-fit £1689.53
Bell £1163.60
diamond £1182.50
tesco £1,451.10

Went on some price comparison sites (compare the market, confused.com ect) and most quotes were pretty stupid but there was two or three good ones.

i would really appreciate any advice given :)
Elly

Personally for a 3k car I wouldn't pay 1k insurance for fully comp. I'd have a look at 3rd Party Fire & Theft (and not crash it!).

I'd also try elephant.co.uk

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Try and put your mum on the policy if you can, will knock the insurance down abit, you will also earn NCB if you go with a company that does it

Personally for a 3k car I wouldn't pay 1k insurance for fully comp. I'd have a look at 3rd Party Fire & Theft (and not crash it!).

theres a pretty good chance i would crash it lol but will look into it thanx.

Try and put your mum on the policy if you can, will knock the insurance down abit, you will also earn NCB if you go with a company that does it

thats with her on it :(

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Looks about right to me lass.

That's why I'd never have a decent car under the age of 20 tbh, far too expensive to ensure.

Titanium 182
f**k I paid £1400 on my 1.4 clio at 18 and I was/am a testosterone fuelled tyre screeching male.

And the car cost me £6000.

Terrible advice imo. Especially as TPFT saves you nothing these days!

Those prices seem pretty average tbh.

wouldnt go tpft, its still a £3k car which is alot of money to loose if you crash

Try putting your parents on with admiral if you havnt already, its knocked about £400 off my quote last year

It's A Reno
Don't use comparison sites, they're not competetive. You pay for the convenience.
Sky Insurance were very good to me. :)

Has anyone asked for pics yet? ;)

Not sure if they will be any good for you, but i've recently found Sky Insurance to be very competitive.

Details are in this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=460209

If you're a paid member on here, be sure to mention it as they will give you a discount of 20%.

Contact details are as follows:
0208 364550
ollief@skyinsurance.co.uk
http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car_clubs.html

Good luck :)
i'll try them anyway thank you :)

wouldnt go tpft, its still a £3k car which is alot of money to loose if you crash

Try putting your parents on with admiral if you havnt already, its knocked about £400 off my quote last year
already put my mum on there males seem to make it go up :(

thanx for replies guys

Try Elephant if you haven't already. The Bell and Admiral quotes you gave seem pretty reasonable to me for a first car tbh. Not got an auntie/female family friend who would also go on the policy as a named driver?

RB 200 Cup!
have you only just passed your test? just thinking doing pass plus would bring insurance down a s**t load too

Two years of premium and you've paid the price of another 3k car, plus more. It's a waste, better off building up cheap no claims

R26
My sister pays:

£1200
Fully compy, tpft.
17 years old
Passed her test in November 2009
'53 plate Dynamique
Lowest "threat level" area.....I think that's quite a bit factor.

I think it's through Direct line.

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Thats really expensive. I look out my insurance today:

- 18 year old male
- Im the policy holder
- 1.2 Mk3 clio
- 1 year NCB
- mum and dad on policy
- All mods declared

£870 fully comp :)

That was by going on confused.com did it all on there then got a phone call from admiral about half hour later saying they will beat RAC by £50 so went with them in the end. Yours should be alot cheaper than that

have a look on money saving expert site, theres a formula for using all the comparison sites in a certain order to get them to play off one another.

Fabia vrs tdi
i thought to get sky discount u needed to be of a certain age and held ur licence for a couple of year to get discount

try swift cover, they wont insure me for some reason :-/ only good thing about gettin older is cheaper car insurance

Thats really expensive. I look out my insurance today:

- 18 year old male
- Im the policy holder
- 1.2 Mk3 clio
- 1 year NCB
- mum and dad on policy
- All mods declared

£870 fully comp :)

That was by going on confused.com did it all on there then got a phone call from admiral about half hour later saying they will beat RAC by £50 so went with them in the end. Yours should be alot cheaper than that
That is cheap - what excess though ?

Folk never mention that. I bet it's high.

Fabia vrs tdi
i dont know how insurance companys get away with it, they used to say its so high due to high number of car thefts but now its alot more difficult to steal a car unless i attack them from behind before they get in the car

no excuse really they need to stop taking the piss, how can one company charge me £500 year for me and my gf and another £2000 strangeness

Barge
My first car was a 1.2 16v Clio Dynamique on a 03 plate. My first years insurance was around £1200 with Tesco fully comp with a £400 excess, (I'm a girl too!) some of those seem a little high to me.

Diamond are good insurers TBH, I found them very cheap in my second year of driving.

1.2 16v Extream, Black
lol thats cheep imo

18 years old
1yrs no claims
no mods
1.2 2002
just me on policy more if had dad on it :S and mums had an accsident

£1800!!

It's worth mentioning that, Bell, Diamond, Admiral & Elepahant are the same group of companies.

Yep, it's strange how their can be quite a big price difference between them sometimes. Admiral were coming up with a quote about £300 more expensive for me than Elephant, and Bell were somewhere in between.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lol thats cheep imo

18 years old
1yrs no claims
no mods
1.2 2002
just me on policy more if had dad on it :S and mums had an accsident

£1800!!

Ouch!

Yep, it's strange how their can be quite a big price difference between them sometimes. Admiral were coming up with a quote about £300 more expensive for me than Elephant, and Bell were somewhere in between.

Its stupid how the same company charge more through different brokers, my insurance through Swinton would of cost 3 x as much as i got it through chris knott, but both companies have quoted liverpool victoria rates.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My first car was a '56' plate 1.2 back in 2006. I had just turned 20. Cost me £650. I added my mum and dad to the policy. It was with Admiral. Excess was about £450 though.