ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I pay or not

Honda S2000

Hi everyone,

just a quick question. I took my Cup to be serviced a few weeks ago and asked them to listen out for a clunking noise when I turned the wheel. They heard it and said it was something about the suspension strut wasnt fitting into the top mount (or something like that). They said it was a problem renault know about and was covered by warranty so i got it fixed. But now 2 weeks later they have just called and said renault wont cover it cos the car should have been recalled ages ago... So they want about £40. I pointed out that their service department had told me it was free but they said I should pay and if I dont they were unlikely to work on my car again.

So I suppose I am just wondering do I pay the money or just go to a diff dealer in future???

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

there tryign to make money off you!!

do not pay, contact Renault UK and explain the situ

Lee

BMW M2C

That mod is carried out FOC, and there wasnt a recall for it. I had it done on both my 172 and 182 and it made no difference to either.

They will perform the mod if the problem is noticed by the owner. If its still there on the 182 then its obviously not serious enough for a recall.

Lee

BMW M2C

It sounds to me like they are trying to charge you the labour charge. Parts wise they dont use any, its just some grinding of the strut top mount.

They cant force you to pay now, theyre taking the piss, theyve obviously f**ked up and not followed proper procedure for claiming it back from Renault so now theyre trying to get it from you.

Honda S2000

Cheers guys. I was just checking that I shouldnt pay. Ill just go another dealer next time.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Quote: Originally posted by Has 16v on 02 November 2004

there tryign to make money off you!!

do not pay, contact Renault UK and explain the situ
speak to renault uk as t he dealers are supposed to do all recalls for free, as its a RECALL and if you slipped through the net then its not your fault, its theirs for not telling you or contacting you

lol, Reno... i like the cars, but they need to sort somethin out with their customer service.

Dan.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 02 November 2004

They cant force you to pay now, theyre taking the piss, theyve obviously f**ked up and not followed proper procedure for claiming it back from Renault so now theyre trying to get it from you.
Agreed. Just go to a different (better?) dealer.

Make sure you contact Renault UK about this problem because i dont think they would be to happy about it either. You could do with them sorting it out because if the guarge is part of Renault UK they will all know your situation and are likley to refuse your work or stick it on your next bill. Its better to be sure.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

that mod was never a recall. dont pay and call customer services if they keep pestering you

Ford Fiesta

its been said but you need to call renault customer services as im sure they are aware of the problem with the car but probably arnt aware of how their dealer is trying to rip you off!

172 Exclusive

Dont pay them, if they said its free then its free. They cant go changing their mind on a whim. Oh thats right, they are Renault and they can do what they like, NOT.

Like the guys say take it up with Renault UK if the garage keeps demanding payment.

:devilish:

send them a £20 monopoly money note and state thats its the supposed payment for the supposed recall !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I like bangs idea the best... tell them your sending in the money... and send two £20 notes from monopoly lol !

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP

I have the same problem with my CUP, but there was no recall on it, a family member of mine is a renault trained mechanic and he says there was no official recall, I would have known through him as well as from Renault. Renault are aware of the noise and instructed the technicians to carry out the relevant work if there were customer complaints. Stand your ground and dont pay, I didnt have too.:D

Yeah same here dont give them a penny how many people will have paid though not knowing or having the knowledge from this site to help .bit naughty really ...

think i had this problem2 on my 182, there was an awful noise from the suspension when the steering was in full lock2 the right only. Booked it in and was told nothing was wrong. booked it in again & took the mechanic on a test drive, he heard the noise n thot it was a driveshaft! They said it was seruious and theyd need it4a few days. However they phoned me the same afternoon and said the strut hadnt been tuned right! Dont pay them a penny if its under warranty, especially if it was a recall! Idiots:p