ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need tweeters?

Clio 182
Want to upgrade the speakers but don't want to have to take the top of the dash off to get to the tweeters... Found some jl 13cm speakers that I think come with tweeters... Do I have to install the tweeters?? They will sound fine without right? Cheers.

renault clio 1.4 16v
if the new mids have tweeters then u can disconect the dash tweeters... ive managed to take the dash tweeters out with out taking the dash off but it is a bit fiddely... im running my front speakers with tweeters and the backs are just normal mids and it sounds pretty deacent...

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah as said above taking the dash out is super easy. You should run your new speakers with tweeters (it would still work without) just for better high range. I disconnected my rears to allow more power to go to the fronts and it sound so much better!