ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need to cancel?

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Hi All,

Just sold the 182 last night which I hopefully will be replacing with a Golf GTI. So at the moment I don't currently have a car.

I wanted to keep my policy and just change the vehicle once I buy the new car, but was wondering if I should just leave the clio on there till I get a new one or can I 'freeze' my policy so the speak? I dont really want to cancel my poilcy and re start a new one.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Hi Mate

As an example we give you 14 days to replace a vehicle on our policy....After the 14 days if the car hasnt been replaced we issue a 7 day cancellation notice giving you a final 7 days, so you get a total of 21 days to

With the Motor Insurer Database now active its very difficult to find an insurer that will freeze/suspend a policy. To be honest if its going to be more than 21 days before you get the new car it would be best off cancelling and taking the refund. Then you could re-insure the new car once it arrives.

Best Regards
Neil

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi Mate

As an example we give you 14 days to replace a vehicle on our policy....After the 14 days if the car hasnt been replaced we issue a 7 day cancellation notice giving you a final 7 days, so you get a total of 21 days to

With the Motor Insurer Database now active its very difficult to find an insurer that will freeze/suspend a policy. To be honest if its going to be more than 21 days before you get the new car it would be best off cancelling and taking the refund. Then you could re-insure the new car once it arrives.

Best Regards
Neil

This means you would possibly lose that years NCB though, right?