ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do i need an amp!!!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
hey guys quick question, not rele in to all the audio stuff, wld i need an amp 2 run a decent pair of 6x9s, i got an amp now just wondering if i actually needed it?

thanks

OLI

205 gti-6
if you have rear speakers already, yep.
but if you just wanna run it off the headunit, you can disconnect the rears and extend the wire to reach the 6x9s.
they will sound better runnin off a seperate amp becos theyll have more power to them.

GOLF GT TDI
does that mean you agree Hydeyho? the reason being i have had experience with it, i used to have 6x9's but when i got my boot install done which is kicking out over 150db that were blown out of the parcel shelf but even with out subs its just not worth it, plus u make holes in your shelf :(

OLI

205 gti-6
if you want well balanced sound, dont get 6x9s.
run some decent front components off the amp you have.
Uprate the rears or get rid of em completely...
and if you want bass, get a sub

Nike Lunar Elite's
Stu_c said:
does that mean you agree Hydeyho? the reason being i have had experience with it, i used to have 6x9's but when i got my boot install done which is kicking out over 150db that were blown out of the parcel shelf but even with out subs its just not worth it, plus u make holes in your shelf :(

I agree but slightly altered your original quote ;)

GOLF GT TDI
i do know what you mean about the rear speakers u need a set of ok speakers in the back but if anything spend the most money on a desent front set but also if your thinking of uprating your system in the future think about front speakers that can be amped in the future