ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do HT leads wear out?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Doing a service today on the woman's R53 Cooper S and one of the HT leads snapped while removing it.

Is it worth replacing all of them for the cost (I think they're about a tenner each or so) or is it a case, if the car still runs then they're fine?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Genuine parts I'm guessing? Just get a decent set of Bosch ones from GSF or Euro using the discount codes and get a full set, if ones broken the others are of the same age and condition so likely to go in near future, so for the sake of the cost I'd replace all of them.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Genuine parts I'm guessing? Just get a decent set of Bosch ones from GSF or Euro using the discount codes and get a full set, if ones broken the others are of the same age and condition so likely to go in near future, so for the sake of the cost I'd replace all of them.

Not worth sticking with genuine parts?

They're £10 each but I don't know if that's a lot of HT leads or not..

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
If you can afford to get genuine, then get the genuine ones or some Magnecor aftermarket ones, if money is tight as its christmas then just replace the damaged one if you want genuine or for a bit more get non genuine. If it's a R53 then chances are it's got a fair few non genuine parts fitted by now anyway, and aftermarket if a decent brand can be as good, if not better than the standard parts. Bosch would be my choice for a mini, Beru is a cheaper german brand that make a lot of VW parts (GSF stock them) just depends on price and affordability really.

£10 each is £40 (plus the king lead I'd guess) so tbh for main dealer prices that's pretty good.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm assuming with a broken HT lead it'll be running on 3 cylinders if I started the car. So I'm just going to get some from BMW tomorrow and be done with it :)

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
It's old school - it goes from the dizzy to the coil on some vehicles, I should have really known the R53 doesn't have one - I used to own one, it's been a long day lol.