ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do birds aim for polished cars

I spent hours polishing my car over my parents today.. then when its all done and looking great I drive home and a bird relieves itself all over the roof... what the hell... I thought it was going to knock the car over.

Anyway that aside... I used a clay bar today and was very impressed with the results... I clay bard the car.. then polished with S100 cleanser, then sealed with Autoglym extra gloss protection, then waxed with S100 canauba wax. The car finished up absolutley gleaming.. The thing I was most impressed with it Ive had a problem around the boot area with little tiny rust spots (its a MK2 silver) and the clay bar removed them with no problem. Hopefully they wont re-occur with the good few layers of polish etc...

What sequence of polish... wax etc do u all use... Ive always thought it should be polish wax seal... but on a recent trip to the states I spoke with an Auto Detailer and he said it should actually be Polish Seal wax

Renault Laguna Coupe

Cant advise on the polish - I just use Mer and settle for the result. But youre right about those birds... :cry:

None

i think birds have an ability to pick out a single car and repeatly s**t o it - one way to avoid it is to not park under trees lol

i dont think it is personal...just a game that birds have.

They get 10 points for middle of the roof..and 25 for the bonnet.

If they can hit both they get 50 points and after about a week they can swap them for 6 wine glasses at an Esso garage near you.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

this has happend to me a few times, always just after spending ages washing it, last time drove under a bridge and i thought somebody had thrown something off the bridge onto my car but it was a massive bird sh*t on the roof, windscreen and bonnet, couldnt believe it!

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 09 May 2004

i dont think it is personal...just a game that birds have.

They get 10 points for middle of the roof..and 25 for the bonnet.

If they can hit both they get 50 points and after about a week they can swap them for 6 wine glasses at an Esso garage near you.

......And 100 points for my wheel!

Elise/VX220/R26

I polished mine last week and by wednesday there was bird sh*t on it, first time Ive had bird sh*t on it in a year!

Megane 225 baby! :)

Am sat by the window now, waiting for the first bird to come along to ruin my afternoons work! :devilish: (car is sparkling inside and out! :D)

they get mine the b******s.

Cleaned the car. come out 30 minutes later...massive bird sh*te on the window and bonnet!

Birds should aim to polish helmets, mine is getting polished later by my bird!
so all you other birds take notice "Know your place":D

Parked my 172 under some trees once and a bunch of pigeons pebble dashed the drivers side of my car. I dont exagerate when I say the window and door were practically covered. Goodness knows what theyd had for dinner. Anyway, no time to clear it off in the morning, drive to work, have to put my card in the car-park barrier. Not really thinking so press the electric window button and all the smeggy mess starts scraping into a pile at the window seal as the window goes down. Major panic fumbling to stop the window to stop a mound of bird poop falling into the car. :oops:

I reckon its just silver 172s they take a real dislike to!

Im not really the right person to comment on cleaning cars as I find the whole exercise a bit futile but apparently the best car wax on the market is from a company called Swissol. Mega bucks though! It ranges from £40 for their normal stuff to £80 for the primo stuff. Its a bucket of soapy water for me!

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by kingJimBob on 09 May 2004

ant had any girls sh*tting on my car....

im sure i found a website with this on the Hun the other week;)

ok was a bad joke :oops:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

im convinced they sh*t on mine cause my car is nautical blue and they think its the sea or soemthing so its ok. seriously i hate em, happens to me all the time.

Birds arses are attracted to my roof, i reckon they home in on my car wherever it is. Or there is a Bird Clio Cult that parades round looking for my car to sh*t on! But it looks like they have found another victim!