ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DL speed boost in Manchester?

Two 0 Shitx
Think they've started changing the lines in the manchester area, our phone hasn't worked for 6 months, i even checked it last night, came home today and the phone rang so thought they must have changed the line. Went onto the PC and did a speed test and it used to be around 60kb/s and 20-30kbps upload and now it's 1.6mbp/s and 0.60kbs upload, knew they were updating the lines this month in certain areas but they said i weren't due any updated lines so didn't expect a speed increase, chuffed i can now watch videos without having to pause and wait for it to buffer :D

Anyone else had similar?

Tesla MP3 2021
Sorry your phone hasn't worked for 6 months, I hope you actually spoke to your service provider about this, on that note who is your service provider, not everyone is on the same "lines" as you put it!

Two 0 Shitx
Mate when you've only ever had piss poor internet it's greatly received! It will save me quite alot of waiting time, think when (if) we get infinity i might go into a coma.

It's happened a few times, had loads of problems with the line, mainly because it's old and quite far away from the exchange but usually when it drops the broadband goes too so we thought it might be the phone but none of us use it so not bothered about it really, plus BT are a f**king nightmare they don't care about individual problems and our area looks like it's not getting infinity anytime soon which is frustrating seen as the areas around us all have it or are getting it this month, especially as we need an upgraded phone line more than anyone, did a ping test and i'm still getting 96% packet loss but when i ring them to ask them about it they just say too far away from the exhange, computer says no. :\

Monaro VXR
Have you called them to say you are having problems with the line and it not working?

I had a problem and they were out the next day replacing the line didn't cost me a thing either.

Two 0 Shitx
Not recently no, don't tend to ring unless the broadband goes down but the connection keeps dropping and i'm having to restart the modem a few times so will give them a ring tomorrow.

Two 0 Shitx
Just spoke to them, the exchange has been upgraded and they're trying to speed up the line and monitoring it for 10 days and that's why it's been dropping, shouldn't happen after they've finished. BT Infinity here i come!! They were actually quite helpful for once and rang the exchange and didn't hassle me about the router/microfilter etc and basically confirmed what i thought so all good.