ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY Wheel refurb/new colour.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'm a complete novice to this, but think I might have a go with some old wheels. I'm looking to change the colour, so what would you use to strip the original paint off of the wheels? I have searched for a thread that this might be on, and I'm sure some-one suggested wire wool but i couldn't find the thread. Cheers

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yeah I had a look at that, just wondering if thats the best way because it doesn't look like he stripped all the paint away. Cheers

Punto/Clio GTT
dont need to take all the paint off, if youve got a good surface to work with then keep it, dont create more work for yourself, if its flaking or badly chipped all over, just feather it all back so its totally smooth, primer/paint/laquer

clio mk1 ph1
iv used a wire brush drill bit to take off all the old paint then just go over it with 1500 wet and dry then use primer paint laquer

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
iv used a wire brush drill bit to take off all the old paint then just go over it with 1500 wet and dry then use primer paint laquer

thats what i did with the turbines.

works well but done go too hard with the wire drill bit, theres still some marks on mine visible through the primer paint and laquer.