ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY or Garage?

320d
I've got my ktec stealth now and i'm thinking whether I should fit it DIY or get a garage to do it. I've had a quote for £30 so for that price i'm thinking I may aswell let them do the work.

I've got a trolley jack, axle stands and socket set. I've also got an angle grinder to get the old one off but i'm thinking by the time i've bought some exhaust fitting paste its only going to be around £25 more to save me the time and effort.

So is it worth the £25 or is it better to do it myself and get the satisfaction of doing it myself?

320d
Think i'll let the garage do it. Its literally 20 seconds away from work and they can do it anyday next week. Its one of those things, one its on it doesn't need touching so for the sake of £25 i'll let them do it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
1000% let the garage do it!!

I'd pay double that NOT to do it!

Do it yourself ;) Get more satisfaction out of it knowing it's all your own work. :cool:

Hardest part is getting the old exhaust off, those nuts that hold the centre section to the Cat can be a b*****d as they heat weld themselves, I had to use an angle grinder to get mine off in the end lol