ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY dent removal?

2003 Clio 172
I have a really annoying shallow little dent on my tailgate. I've tried removing it using a cheap suction puller off ebay (pointless), and also by heating up with a hairdryer and using compressed air, again with no luck. As much as I'm starting to like iceberg silver, it really does show up imperfections. Any advice on removing this dent, or is it a bodyshop, mobile repair job?
20180608_071809.jpg

2003 Clio 172
Looks like I will definitely be requiring the services of a body shop. Found this earlier where rear quarter meets bumper and want to get it sorted before it gets worse. I assume it's where cr*p build up in wheel arch behind it and it begins to rust? ?
20180608_145114.jpg

2003 Clio 172
On the outside? Have you looked underneath.

A lot of them are getting to that age now unfortunately.

Yeah, 15 year old French metal unfortunately. Not checked underneath on petrol filler side, but there's nothing visible on the paintwork thankfully. Will get both arch liners taken off by bodyshop and checked and cleaned behind when I get it sorted. Don't suppose you'd have any idea on cost?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, 15 year old French metal unfortunately. Not checked underneath on petrol filler side, but there's nothing visible on the paintwork thankfully. Will get both arch liners taken off by bodyshop and checked and cleaned behind when I get it sorted. Don't suppose you'd have any idea on cost?

Rear quarter done cheap would be around £250. More for a quality job I'd say.

2003 Clio 172
A few shots of petrol filler area. There is actually a bit there, but not as bad as some thankfully. Will get it looked at too though...

20180608_174406.jpg
20180608_174402.jpg
20180608_174448.jpg
20180608_174419.jpg

2003 Clio 172
Yeah pretty normal for the age of car.
My Kangoo Van started to go after about eight years.

I remember my old valver, which was only about nine years old when I had it, actually had a rust hole developing in the rear quarter. I think a combination of iffy inner arch guard design, patchy rust proofing and potentially the odd dodgy repair don't help these cars lol