ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dixie horn (dukes of hazard)

Hi guys, I was looking at installing one of these into my 1.2 16v 2002 clio and wondered if it is actually possible to do this in the engine bay and how I should go about doing it? Also does anyone know where to buy the best sounding horns because some of them on YouTube are appalling.
Thanks.

They are illegal if you replace your main horn with them, but on Youtube I have seen loads of people using separate buttons for them so that your main horn still works which is legal. Saw a guy with one and we all found it hilarious so I really want one!
Might purchase one off a powerseller from ebay, not sure yet though!

Scirocco GT 2.0
They are illegal if you replace your main horn with them, but on Youtube I have seen loads of people using separate buttons for them so that your main horn still works which is legal. Saw a guy with one and we all found it hilarious so I really want one!
Might purchase one off a powerseller from ebay, not sure yet though!

Oh right cool.

One of my ex-colleagues had one which made loads of different sounds, was quite funny.

ibiza cupra
i think you just run a wire from the battery to a switch in side the car with a fuse between the two. then from the switch to the horn, then earth the horn in the engine bay. i think.

Clio 172 RS2
I would love to have a Tour de France horn...
(you know that fast sounding horn)

Being a member of a cycleclub which actually had a roadie department with 'follow' cars which where equipped with these. Electronic shop who provided them with these wouldn't sell one to me.

Found a set on eBay though. Tempting! ; )

I had one on my Punto, it is the best thing you can have... some of the looks you get are well funny..
Yes are are illegal, so I had a different button hidden below the steering wheel, to the right where the fuse box was.
I will be putting it in the Clio at some point aswell..
DixieHorn-1.jpg

Mine was off ebay, for about £15-20.... Bargain for the amount of laughs you get... It never gets old...

Last edited:
I was watching some of those videos on hornblasters and they were ridiculously funny! Surely it is not illegal if it is a seperate button used off of the road?

Clio 182FF
I just youtubed this too and yeah they're funny but half of them sound s**t and nothing like the one the car from the series had. Would be cool if you could get it spot on but anything else like the ones from youtube is fail!

Yeah thats what I said, I will buy one and install it, if it sounds rubbish ill sell it or return it, it has to either be perfect or its better to have nothing (much less embarressing)!

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
The best ones to get are 5 tone horns. I used to have a Dixie set of these on my Mk1 Granada yrs ago. They were really loud and realistic. Some of the 3 and 4 tone ones don't sound so good.

Found one from a power seller on ebay for like 18.50 inc delivery but not sure whether to trust the sound as they dont offer a clip of the sound :S good feedback though...

LY 200
Haha - My pal had one (and got slapped on the wrsit for it a few times) when we were just driving - pointless things if you ask me!

That was 7/8 years ago mind so perhaps they are in with todays breed of boy racer/cruiser!