ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disconnecting headlamp washers

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Is there any way of doing this?

I don't want to blank them off, I just want to stop them from spraying when I wash the windscreen

Many thanks for any help or information

I'd check before doing this, as I'm sure there's a new MOT reg coming in that means if they are there, they have to be in working order.

LY Megane R26
If they're the the same as the Meg, they'll only wash with the lights on at the same time and only if you hold the stalk in for a few seconds - a quick pull and release of the stalk will do the screen only

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If they're the the same as the Meg, they'll only wash with the lights on at the same time and only if you hold the stalk in for a few seconds - a quick pull and release of the stalk will do the screen only

Yep, spot on...if the auto lights are off...it won't operate the headlight washer...and likewise, if you give it a v.small pull it won't do the lights, but you have to be quick to just release a little bit of liquid onto screen...you can do this a couple of times if needsbe.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
So if the lights are on the manual setting, the headlight washers won't operate?

Problem solved :D

Cheers

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I was thinking this...

Because they don't need to be there

Not all cars need them

Main reason is cos I don't want a freshly polished car covered in soap when the windscreen gets dirty, isn't mind it on the screen, just dot want it on the whole front of the car

LY Megane R26
Because they don't need to be there

Not all cars need them

Main reason is cos I don't want a freshly polished car covered in soap when the windscreen gets dirty, isn't mind it on the screen, just dot want it on the whole front of the car

Wrong - cars with factory fit xenons have them.

If headlamp washers are fitted they need to be operational

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If you put the lights onto manual, then the washer jets won't work until the lights are physically turned on...so you're not stopping them working, you are just choosing when you want the washers to work...;)

So you're not disabling anything or risking the MOT!